Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Off From Dublin

Options
  • 11-03-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Going down next week for three days and looking for someone where to break the journey for lunch (on holidays so no real rush down and cant check in till three)

Heard the mad hatters but no menu and never emailed me back one. Just a normal sandwich roll etc

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

If you fancy taking a 5 minute spin outside of town you could try loko on the Dunmore road, really nice grub and great atmosphere it's good for couples or families!! If you wanted something a bit quieter then bellisimo is only around the corner from loko, equality good grub and is also couple and family friendly!! Just an alternative from the city if you are interested venturing :)

H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

jeffk wrote: »
    Going down next week for three days and looking for someone where to break the journey for lunch (on holidays so no real rush down and cant check in till three)

Heard the mad hatters but no menu and never emailed me back one. Just a normal sandwich roll etc

Thanks for any suggestions!

Do you mean on the way to Waterford, or in Waterford?

On the way to Waterford from Dublin we often stop in the Arboretum in Carlow. You take the exit off the motorway Carlow/Leighlinbridge, and take the Leighlinbridge direction for a couple of kilometers. The Arboretum garden centre is on your left. They have a full restaurant, or you can have a coffee and slice of cake.

Or carry on to Kilkenny, take the turn off for Kilkenny and shortly after, on the left, there's a turn off for Bennetsbridge. It's a bit further off the road, maybe six or seven kilometers, but Nicholas Moss does a fabulous lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry from Dublin to Waterford and maybe the reverse

Thanks for the recommendations so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd second the Arboretum recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Arboretum all the way for me...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

fricatus wrote: »
    Arboretum all the way for me...

We always stopped there, but a couple of times recently we've gone to Nicholas Moss. The setting is gorgeous, just by the river, and the food is great. And you might even be able to afford a mug or two in the "seconds" department!

Advertisement