Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Citywest Business Park Traffic

Options
  • 11-03-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am living in maynooth but starting a new job in Citywest Business Park soon, my work starts at 8am. Would any boardie know what the traffic is like in the mornings & which is the best route to take. There seems to be a few different routes! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Shortest route would be through Celbridge and Newcastle I think? You should avoid most of the traffic in Celbridge at that time, it gets bad down the mainstreet around 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I usually went cross country via straffan and kill, a lot longer but rarely any delay. However with increasing traffic I could see holdups on the way home particularly Fridays.

Celbridge/Newcastle is far shorter but very poor at times. I'd try both.

M50 is another option now Newlands is done but can suffer bad delays coming back, going on to the N4 from the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

Celbridge can be a nightmare to get through. I have had to travel to CityWest for work a few times from Maynooth and take the Straffan route when I do

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

My wife do it everyday using the Straffan - Kill -N7.

She start later (leave Maynooth around 8:00) and she rarely complain about traffic so you being earlier should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'd go with Straffan, Kill, N7 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I used to work there and always went up the M4 as far as Lucan exit (the exit before Woodies DIY)

Take the exit there, turn right and go straight the whole way across past Grangecastle across the M7 and into the side of Citywest through Kingswood.

Always found that way to have reasonably free flowing traffic as it usually increases on the M4 up around Liffey Valley.

You'd probably be over in 25 mins or less taking that route at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

IrishAlice wrote: »
    I used to work there and always went up the M4 as far as Lucan exit (the exit before Woodies DIY)

Take the exit there, turn right and go straight the whole way across past Grangecastle across the M7 and into the side of Citywest through Kingswood.

Always found that way to have reasonably free flowing traffic as it usually increases on the M4 up around Liffey Valley.

You'd probably be over in 25 mins or less taking that route at that time.

Used to have to go from Celbridge to Citywest and this was the way to go! Celbridge is too unpredictable in terms of traffic.

However, if you have to be in Citywest by 8am, you will be going through Celbridget around 7.30am, so traffic wont be an issue.

Basically, either of the above should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Peak time on the M4 is 7-8am as far as I know, and from experience, it sure feels like it lately.

I would agree with the Straffan->Kill option. At that time, you shouldn't have any bother. Bit of frost in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Outer Ring Road (IrishAlice's option) is usually fine Citywest-bound but I've been caught in horrible snarls coming back during school closing time, which could catch you if you're finishing a bit earlier.

I'd say try every option both ways and see which combo works best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Shortest route would be through Celbridge and Newcastle I think? You should avoid most of the traffic in Celbridge at that time, it gets bad down the mainstreet around 8am.

I'd agree with this. My wife starts at 8 in citywest and leaves celbridge at 7:45. There's no traffic on the Main Street in celbridge until about 8:30.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
Advertisement