Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have had enough of tesco mobile coverage

Options
  • 11-03-2015 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and the Mrs are on Tesco Mobile PAYG. No complaints about value - €20 for unlimited calls, texts and 5G can't be beaten.

But the data coverage is just so poor on our commute from North County Dublin to Dublin city centre every morning and evening - exactly the time ye want to be using it. Basically Edge if even that.

Now I know Tesco are just an MNVO on O2. So there is no point trying O2 then cos they will have the same issues.

So what would you guys recommend I try first: 3 or Meteor?

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

quad_red wrote: »
    So what would you guys recommend I try first: 3 or Meteor?

O2 is now Three, so you will have no greater coverage.

Your options are then Meteor or Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Or you could still try 3 seeing as the 3 and O2 networks are still sperate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

From my experience in the Dublin area, I doubt Three would givee better coverage than O2, and anyway O2 now belongs to Three which is is the process of merging both networks.

If you want to try something different, go for Meteor/eMobile of Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Myself and the Mrs are on Tesco Mobile PAYG. No complaints about value - €20 for unlimited calls, texts and 5G can't be beaten.

But the data coverage is just so poor on our commute from North County Dublin to Dublin city centre every morning and evening - exactly the time ye want to be using it. Basically Edge if even that.

Meteor PAYG €20 per month for unlimited calls, 7.5GB of data(4G) and 400 free texts using the MyMeteor app (including 100 international). You don't need to bother with texts in your plan unless you need more than 400 per month. The MyMeteor app uses your Webtext allocation, and is just as easy to use as regular texting. Excellent 4G coverage around Dublin.

Advertisement