Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Showers

Options
  • 11-03-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

I need your opinions on baby showers please.

I've been invited to a baby shower at the weekend. Haven't been to too many i my life. My closest friend who had a baby went into labour prematurely a week before baby shower was organised. All the others I were family members, so presents came cumulatively from the family.

What should I actually buy. The pregnant lady is sister of a close friend of mine. I wouldn't know the sister too well, but feel I have to bring something.

Baby is due in about 4 weeks, so will be prob get her flowers then and something for the baby. I was thinking for the baby shower of getting a little baby grow for about a 10 in debs and a few bibs as they always come in handy.

Would about 15 euro be too stingy? Also, do you need to get a card etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

There was heated debate about this in parenting forum. Maybe there were also some opinions on what to get.

Personally I think baby showers are idiotic and would excuse myself and do something more fun instead. Btw I definitely don't think 15 euro is too stingy. The handiest present would be nappies but nobody wants to give that. After the second one was born I got so many outfits that half of them were not even worn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I have loads of unopened packs of bibs. Everyone buys bibs. I have started passing on a presents along with the hundred of unopened muslins and the unworn babygro and outfits.

If you have to go, personally I wouldn't be arsed going, get her a bottle of whisky

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Hi OP,

I've moved your thread over to the pregnancy forum; I think it's more appropriate here :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wouldn't get flowers. The smell of them in pregnancy would have made me really sick.
    Chocolates and a little lamaze toy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

John Mason wrote: »
    I have loads of unopened packs of bibs. Everyone buys bibs. I have started passing on a presents along with the hundred of unopened muslins and the unworn babygro and outfits.

If you have to go, personally I wouldn't be arsed going, get her a bottle of whisky
    I hope you don't tell too many of your pregnant friends about your regifting antics!! And your name is off the baby shower invite list but bring alcohol anytime :pac:

Op, don't bother with a gift for the baby. Why not get something for mum like new slippers and chocolates or something?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Allirog wrote: »
    I hope you don't tell too many of your pregnant friends about your regifting antics!! And your name is off the baby shower invite list but bring alcohol anytime :pac:

Op, don't bother with a gift for the baby. Why not get something for mum like new slippers and chocolates or something?

SHIIIIIIIITE - off to re-think the hamper

at least i wont be asked for my present back !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Sounds like you have fantastic pregnant friends!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

If one gives a gift for a baby shower is the expectation then not to give another once the baby is born? Christening aside I mean ...

Advertisement