Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand review

Options
  • 11-03-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi everyone, i just want to eagerly talk about a company called hardwareversand that sells pc parts for gaming computers and office computers. Anyway last year at the beginning of January i wanted to build a gaming pc so i looked around for some sites that sell parts for a computer. After a few attempts i came across a site called hardwareversand.de and looked on their site and i was surprised by the cheap parts they had to offer, so with the money i had in the bank i didn't need to save anymore for the parts i had in mind for komplett.ie I saw hardwareversand had a award winner or some crap at the bottom for being the best and cheapest. I went ahead and bought all their components to make a gaming PC and a week later i was surprised it all came in 2 separate boxes. With joy i made it up and the next day i was gaming. 2 months later my PC started crashing and i thought OH i am using to many applications at the same time, i restarted my PC and tried cleaning files up and use 1 application at a time, more problems were caused during the weeks ahead with crashing after an hour of gaming. During playing games on steam they all started to crash / the games i played were older games like serious sam and killing floor.i decided to play bf4 and all of a sudden the screen turned black and my PC shut down. I bought a cpu cooler called hyper 212 from komplett.ie and placed it were the stock cooler was. My PC was working fine again 1 month later my PC shut off completely and i couldn't turn it on. I emailed hardwareversand everyday to get a reply and nothing was said. My computer technician said it was a faulty graphics card. I got a reply finally by the company and they said send it back so i did paying nearly 10 euro to send back to Germany which was last September. I was still waiting for my graphics card to return on OCT, NOV, DECEMBER/ i send an email trying to figure out why i should wait for a graphics card that long, they replied and tried selling me a new graphics card for 200 euro. I was getting sick of there bull**** and 2 months later February 2015 it finally came, i was happy and started it up and 2 hours later my pc shut down again and it was the same graphics card i send back. Anyone reading, try to avoid hardwareversand, they tell you lies and cons and the post over there is ****ing terrible. Waste of ****ing money and time. I deleted my account with them and sent them a big FU to there email. For god sake i should of got my parts from komplett.ie i now have a better graphic card i bought from them and everything is fine apart from everything else in my case that is from that ignorant asshole company. AVOID HARDWAREVERSAND . Go with a computer company from your own country, things will be more easily sorted for you if you find a faulty part. Thank you for reading. Good luck

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

tl;dr for those of us who like paragraphs:

Amateur builds PC, quite likely doesn't seat stock cooler properly (I've done it myself, it's an easy thing to get wrong) and runs into what we do acknowledge as being poor after-sales from HWVS with a hardware failure on the graphics card.

We've been talking about and buying from HWVS for years over here.

Meanwhile, Komplett will "lose" your data in a systems upgrade and are Norwegian, not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Used hardwareversand.de for my currrent PC but got them to build it. No complaints, everything still running smooth after nearly 2 years, still running all current games at almost top spec. (Christ is it that long, must be due an upgrade:))

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

colmdeed wrote: »
    2 months later my PC started crashing and i thought OH i am using to many applications at the same time, i restarted my PC and tried cleaning files up and use 1 application at a time, more problems were caused during the weeks ahead with crashing after an hour of gaming.
    Did you run any hardware testing programs, and did you reseat any parts?

Also, +1 to everything Shiminay said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Shiminay wrote: »
    tl;dr for those of us who like paragraphs:

Many thanks! That being the first thing I see after getting home from work, and I can't help rage a bit at wall of text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Bought from Hardwareversand 5 years ago. Still going strong. Looking to upgrade before Battlefront in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What is it 6....or 7 builds now. All going strong.

Learn2BuildAPC OP. Maybe you should buy dell next time....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Haven't bought from hardwareversand, but customer support goes a long way with me, during my research it seemed like these guys barely register on that front. They are definitely not the right choice for everyone, but if you never run into a problem then, as the idiom goes, ignorance is bliss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

hi everyone, i just want to eagerly talk about a company called hardwareversand that sells pc parts for gaming computers and office computers. Anyway last year at the beginning of January i wanted to build a gaming pc so i looked around for some sites that sell parts for a computer. After a few attempts i came across a site called hardwareversand.de and looked on their site and i was surprised by the cheap parts they had to offer, so with the money i had in the bank i didn't need to save anymore for the parts i had in mind for komplett.ie I saw hardwareversand had a award winner or some crap at the bottom for being the best and cheapest. I went ahead and bought all their components to make a gaming PC and a week later i was surprised it all came in 2 separate boxes. With joy i made it up and the next day i was gaming. 2 months later my PC started crashing and i thought OH i am using to many applications at the same time, i restarted my PC and tried cleaning files up and use 1 application at a time, more problems were caused during the weeks ahead with crashing after an hour of gaming. During playing games on steam they all started to crash / the games i played were older games like serious sam and killing floor.i decided to play bf4 and all of a sudden the screen turned black and my PC shut down. I bought a cpu cooler called hyper 212 from komplett.ie and placed it were the stock cooler was. My PC was working fine again 1 month later my PC shut off completely and i couldn't turn it on. I emailed hardwareversand everyday to get a reply and nothing was said. My computer technician said it was a faulty graphics card. I got a reply finally by the company and they said send it back so i did paying nearly 10 euro to send back to Germany which was last September. I was still waiting for my graphics card to return on OCT, NOV, DECEMBER/ i send an email trying to figure out why i should wait for a graphics card that long, they replied and tried selling me a new graphics card for 200 euro. I was getting sick of there bull**** and 2 months later February 2015 it finally came, i was happy and started it up and 2 hours later my pc shut down again and it was the same graphics card i send back. Anyone reading, try to avoid hardwareversand, they tell you lies and cons and the post over there is ****ing terrible. Waste of ****ing money and time. I deleted my account with them and sent them a big FU to there email. For god sake i should of got my parts from komplett.ie i now have a better graphic card i bought from them and everything is fine apart from everything else in my case that is from that ignorant asshole company. AVOID HARDWAREVERSAND . Go with a computer company from your own country, things will be more easily sorted for you if you find a faulty part. Thank you for reading. Good luck

Spent almost 2k on my pc got it really quick in perfect nick all id to do was reinstall english version of windows havent had a problem, had to send back a ssd as it was the wrong size they sent me the correct one a week later,

No issue at all great company good service,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

2 builds with hardwareversand and no issues, yes their CS isn't fantastic but you need to be aware of that going in and ask yourself the question why are they cheaper than everywhere else? One reason is they don't do good CS, especially for Non German speakers.

Myself I did have a small issue with my first order, the motherboard I ordered wasn't available so after a week of back and forth I just bought the motherboard somewhere else and had that cash refunded. It wouldn't describe it as being handled smoothly but it all got worked out in the end. However I was fully aware when buying from them that this was a possibility.

It really sounds like OP didn't do their due diligence in researching and just saw cheaper prices. Also like others have said they did zero hardware checks themselves so there's no full picture here

I find if you converse with the German company in German, you get a better repsonse. I'm thinking maybe the OP conversed with the German company in english?
    I emailed hardwareversand everyday to get a reply and nothing was said
    Oh, and daily wall of text in non-local language to tech desk = welcome to the spam list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

the_syco wrote:
    Oh, and daily wall of text in non-local language to tech desk = welcome to the spam list.

Good point that. If the op emailed them the same way they posted here I'm not surprised they ignored his emails. Probably couldn't make head nor tail of them.

superg wrote: »
    Good point that. If the op emailed them the same way they posted here I'm not surprised they ignored his emails. Probably couldn't make head nor tail of them.
    Mate had a problem with them. He found someone in work that spoke German, and bribed them to speak to HWV on their behalf. Have had problems with foreign companies, and have written their language first, english second. Sometimes they respond in english, sometimes not, but it's always better to assume they don't speak english, because not everyone speaks english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hope I'm allowed say this but this post and another similar to it looks suspect. So two accounts post complaints about same company the day the accounts were set up with just one post on each account.... The amount of times this one mentioned an alternative company rings bells...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

How are packages delivered these days? Last time I ordered I recall it came through An Post, and was originally with DHL.

Ordered parts a few days ago and can see in my account it's with UPS this time. I hope that I don't have to deal with a fecking courier. An Post is the handiest, they know where the house is, attempt to deliver, leave a notice, I go up the road and collect from post centre at my convenience.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hope I'm allowed say this but this post and another similar to it looks suspect. So two accounts post complaints about same company the day the accounts were set up with just one post on each account.... The amount of times this one mentioned an alternative company rings bells...

Indeed. The irony of the situation is that this thread that was meant to bash HWVS has pretty much turned into free advertising for them, and many of the salient points are clearly (and legibly) outlined in the second post so you don't have far to get into the issue.

And no, HWVS are not perfect. They're good but they have their own flaws and issues like any other etailer. Some of these points may impact some potential customers more than others and its good for them to know the issues ahead of time and decide for themselves whether HWVS is the etailer for the job. Many posts here stand testimony to the fact that overall they remain well ahead of the crowd - so long as you know what you're getting into.

And my own two cents? Its been a good long while since I purchased from them but I did receive timely English correspondence from them. I like to think that initially starting the conversation in German swung things in my favour, even if my mutilation of the German language probably reduced them to tears (of laughter) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

@bunkmoreland

Yeah usually UPS,if you miss the first delivery you can ring and ask when its rescheduled for and can plan appropriately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Solitaire wrote: »
    Indeed. The irony of the situation is that this thread that was meant to bash HWVS has pretty much turned into free advertising for them, and many of the salient points are clearly (and legibly) outlined in the second post so you don't have far to get into the issue.

And no, HWVS are not perfect. They're good but they have their own flaws and issues like any other etailer. Some of these points may impact some potential customers more than others and its good for them to know the issues ahead of time and decide for themselves whether HWVS is the etailer for the job. Many posts here stand testimony to the fact that overall they remain well ahead of the crowd - so long as you know what you're getting into.

And my own two cents? Its been a good long while since I purchased from them but I did receive timely English correspondence from them. I like to think that initially starting the conversation in German swung things in my favour, even if my mutilation of the German language probably reduced them to tears (of laughter) :o

I haven't used them yet but judging from the feedback from these forums I will be using them for my own big build. As far as flaws goes the so called Irish company has let me down alot of times with customers parts so no company is without its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Solitaire wrote: »
    I like to think that initially starting the conversation in German swung things in my favour

Second this, on an order I made for my brother in law there was an issue with the mousepad that was holding up the entire order.

One quick call and a "Guten Tag, sprechen sie englisch bitte" and it was all sorted after a few minutes.

I'll have no hesitation using them again when it comes time to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

I bought a build from them around 4 years ago. Worked a dream for a few days then died. Faulty ssd so i emailed them and no reply. I got a replacement from a different company.

Not sure they would be top of my places to shop for all parts again but I certainly would recommend them to anyone doing a build themselves. Bit of a contradiction there...i know.

Maybe don't put all your eggs in one basket but can't ignore so many people have bought from them with no problems.

I chalk it down as every company has a bad day so no bad feelings towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I have ordered at least 30 components for multiple builds over the last 5 years from HWVS - with no problems whatsoever. Granted I've never experienced their after sales service but I've never had to. Will be ordering from them again in future.

Have also previously ordered parts from komplett, dabs, scan, ocuk, etc ... all without any issues - them's the breaks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Used 5 times on 3 of my pcs and 2 others that I made for someone. Still dont like the banking part but I get over it, when building current PC I had an issue with wrong card being added to cart, i picked the 290X OC but it added a different card on the very last screen. Not really an issue as I didnt pay but they sorted it and the right card came.

Only issue I would have is the bank part, would think if you spent 5k with them they should let you use a CC or paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What are shipping costs like with HWVS?

I'm in the UK at the moment and with the current weakness of the Euro, I can probably save myself a fortune by getting the parts from Euro countries, but obviously, if the shipping is far more than a place like OCUK then it would eat into that saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Shipping is 11.99
    For any size whether it's a gfx card or 50 different components

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Gbear wrote: »
    What are shipping costs like with HWVS?

I'm in the UK at the moment and with the current weakness of the Euro, I can probably save myself a fortune by getting the parts from Euro countries, but obviously, if the shipping is far more than a place like OCUK then it would eat into that saving.

Last time I checked the shipping cost to Ireland were €11/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Last time I checked the shipping cost to Ireland were €11/12.

Yeah it was normally £11,I think for all sized deliveries.
    Now if i try order say a small cable/item its still £11 but if i add 2 fans its £16.85 for delivery :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 colmdeed

I don't really want to thank you because you are being negative and ignorant, but you did manage to read my wall of text so fair enough. You were buying equipment from them for years, i didnt think anyone would find this company worth their while. Any way stock coolers heat up and make a loud jet engine sound, after market coolers are better.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Many thanks! That being the first thing I see after getting home from work, and I can't help rage a bit at wall of text.

Drop your linning and quit your grinning. Then tell me how to edit my thread

Dayum wrote: »
    Bought from Hardwareversand 5 years ago. Still going strong. Looking to upgrade before Battlefront in November.

Well you do that and best of luck

ED E wrote: »
    What is it 6....or 7 builds now. All going strong.

Learn2BuildAPC OP. Maybe you should buy dell next time....[/QUOTE

I know how to built a pc, maybe you should try get out more

• Advertisement

evo2000 wrote: »
    Spent almost 2k on my pc got it really quick in perfect nick all id to do was reinstall english version of windows havent had a problem, had to send back a ssd as it was the wrong size they sent me the correct one a week later,

No issue at all great company good service,

Are you sure it wasn't a year later

Advertisement