Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 colmdeed

superg wrote: »
    Good point that. If the op emailed them the same way they posted here I'm not surprised they ignored his emails. Probably couldn't make head nor tail of them.

No the Germans replied to me backwards in a wall of text so i couldnt understand them

the_syco wrote: »
    I find if you converse with the German company in German, you get a better repsonse. I'm thinking maybe the OP conversed with the German company in english?

Oh, and daily wall of text in non-local language to tech desk = welcome to the spam list.

Of course i done a hardware check boso. Stop spamming this page you idiot, if you dont like the way my grammer was put get off the net and find some one who cares.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hope I'm allowed say this but this post and another similar to it looks suspect. So two accounts post complaints about same company the day the accounts were set up with just one post on each account.... The amount of times this one mentioned an alternative company rings bells...

Well its not Deja vu, just trying to figure out how to use a site i never used in my life.

Second this, on an order I made for my brother in law there was an issue with the mousepad that was holding up the entire order.

One quick call and a "Guten Tag, sprechen sie englisch bitte" and it was all sorted after a few minutes.

I'll have no hesitation using them again when it comes time to upgrade.

I couldnt get Guten tag because they wouldnt pick up the phone

dannyd20 wrote: »
    I have ordered at least 30 components for multiple builds over the last 5 years from HWVS - with no problems whatsoever. Granted I've never experienced their after sales service but I've never had to. Will be ordering from them again in future.

Have also previously ordered parts from komplett, dabs, scan, ocuk, etc ... all without any issues - them's the breaks OP.

Fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

colmdeed wrote: »
    Of course i done a hardware check boso. Stop spamming this page you idiot, if you dont like the way my grammer was put get off the net and find some one who cares.

He offered a suggestion as to why a German company might be slow at getting threw alot of English written e-mail he was not been smart with you one bit.
    Your response on here just goes to show that you are a troll that created an account with one aim to start a thread about a company you have a grudge against.
    You can reply to me in any way you would like as ill be un following your thread so I wont see it either way and don't care.

Gbear wrote: »
    What are shipping costs like with HWVS?

I'm in the UK at the moment and with the current weakness of the Euro, I can probably save myself a fortune by getting the parts from Euro countries, but obviously, if the shipping is far more than a place like OCUK then it would eat into that saving.

Just forget about hwvs to save you trouble.

jayo26 wrote: »
    He offered a suggestion as to why a German company might be slow at getting threw alot of English written e-mail he was not been smart with you one bit.
    Your response on here just goes to show that you are a troll that created an account with one aim to start a thread about a company you have a grudge against.
    You can reply to me in any way you would like as ill be un following your thread so I wont see it either way and don't care.

Then why did he say welcome to the spamming list. Ye of course, i went out of my way to get a dig at hwvs, they shouldnt of made me wait that long for a graphics card in the first place. I wouldnt of set up this account if they didnt send me a faulty graphics card TWICE. Ok i dont really want to troll i just want to warn people about this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

miece16 wrote: »
    Shipping is 11.99
    For any size whether it's a gfx card or 50 different components
    Thought it was €30 (it has been a few years since i got stuff off them, though).
    Welcome to the forum. Learn to multi-quote.
    Then why did he say welcome to the spamming list.
    If a tech company gets a wall of text in a foreign language repeatedly everyday, the email address will be added to a blacklist (referred to as the spam list in my post) this is to minimize the amount of unwanted email.
    My computer technician said it was a faulty graphics card. I got a reply finally by the company and they said send it back so i did paying nearly 10 euro to send back to Germany which was last September. I was still waiting for my graphics card to return on OCT, NOV, DECEMBER/ i send an email trying to figure out why i should wait for a graphics card that long, they replied and tried selling me a new graphics card for 200 euro. I was getting sick of there bull**** and 2 months later February 2015 it finally came, i was happy and started it up and 2 hours later my pc shut down again and it was the same graphics card i send back.
    In reference to your original post, what test did your computer technician run on the card, and did you send this info to HWS? I ask as once HWS got the card, it would be then sent onwards to the original manufacture and tested by them before being sent back. It seems the manufacturer found the card not to be faulty, and thus sent it back.

What was the original order from HWS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just forget about hwvs to save you trouble.

Most in this forum including myself hwvs use them without trouble and find them much better than other vendors. Might i suggest that the problem may not be with the vendor but rather the purchaser in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

colm, please calm down before you say something we all regret. I'll put your insane flood of posts down to you not knowing how to multiquote, but repeatedly insulting another user (and then accusing them of spamming considering your posting style!) will not be tolerated any further.

Yes, people here have accused you of being a troll but to be fair you aren't exactly doing a great job of disproving their accusations. Calm down and respond to others' posts without becoming combative and they'll take you more seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Solitaire wrote: »
    colm, please calm down before you say something we all regret.

Something we all regret? I don't get it? His words like anthrax? People I know opinions insults hardly affect me let alone some stranger.

He used " boso", so I kinda like this jabroni.

I get it you feel hard done by. alot of people use hwvs here simply because of price. There is no blind loyalt. so you don't need to get annoyed at every other posters disagreeing with you.

Aside from the meh customer service (not helped by the language barrier) Fact is their prices are cheap. They have a success rate of about 90%. Pros outway the cons. Simples.

I doubt my words will be any comfort to you but there ya have it. My worthless opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

To add to Sterlings post. The fact is you could place an order with any company and have problems like you experienced with hardwareversand. In the past I've had problems with orders I've placed with dabs which took 2+ weeks to dispatch which really shouldnt have happened imo despite the parts being in stock and that communication was in English. I've also had orders with dabs, komplett, hardwareversand and others which went perfectly fine. Personally I just place the order with the cheapest site that I feel I can trust, problems can and do arise with any service but normally theres a low chance of one occurring and its not often you're unlucky enough to have to deal with customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

To add to Sterlings post. The fact is you could place an order with any company and have problems like you experienced with hardwareversand. In the past I've had problems with orders I've placed with dabs which took 2+ weeks to dispatch which really shouldnt have happened imo despite the parts being in stock and that communication was in English. I've also had orders with dabs, komplett, hardwareversand and others which went perfectly fine. Personally I just place the order with the cheapest site that I feel I can trust, problems can and do arise with any service but normally theres a low chance of one occurring and its not often you're unlucky enough to have to deal with customer service.

I found Komplett to be a nightmare, so i guess its swings and roundabouts for some people.

I buy all my stuff from scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk and never had problems with them.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I found Komplett to be a nightmare, so i guess its swings and roundabouts for some people.

I buy all my stuff from scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk and never had problems with them.

+1, i've had a nightmare with komplett too. HWVS are not perfect but i found them to be better than komplett and dabs and much cheaper too.

I've had no problems with scan either but they are just too expensive now compared to HWVS.

Honestly the OP sounds like a teenager with poor communication skills and a bad atitude. It is highly likely that his communication with HWVS was in a similiar fashion to his posts here and i can't imagine them bending over backwards to help someone who does not speak their native language and communicates poorly with atitude in his own language. Probably issues were due to miscommunication. I've had one return with HWVS and whilst the communication was difficult, it was completed seemlessly. Of course it would have been easier if i had been dealing with an Irish/british vendor in terms of communication but there is no guarantee that the return would have been dealt with as effectively.

I would have no hesitation in recommending HWVS

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What i've found, generally, is that all too often people are willing to go out on a limb for a company without ever having dealt with their customer services side. It's something I find rather bizarre. When you are buying, the bare minimum the company you are buying from can do is deliver the goods - it's not something that should be praised as that's setting a really low bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What i've found, generally, is that all too often people are willing to go out on a limb for a company without ever having dealt with their customer services side. It's something I find rather bizarre. When you are buying, the bare minimum the company you are buying from can do is deliver the goods - it's not something that should be praised as that's setting a really low bar.

I agree you buy something it should be delivered, its their job.

But in reality when dealing with PC parts which we all know can be sketchy as they sometimes just dont work. If i was HWS I would assume we did our job in delivering said part. I would then help within my remit if there was an issue.

I have never came across a company that was good at customer service in regards to issues as they are setup to not have issues. It doesnt make sense for any company to have dedicated issue teams it means they are failing at the above which is selling an item and delivering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I've dealt with their CS a few times back in the day , once for sending back a Graphics card and once for sending back a hard drive.

From memory HWS will bear the cost of returning the item.

I've ordered 4 or 5 Builds from them, a laptop and a Television, never any problem.

papu wrote: »

From memory HWS will bear the cost of returning the item.

Correct, they have prepaid UPS labels that can be generated from the website. Simply slap the label on the package and organise a quick collection on the UPS website at your convenience.

Did it once with a monitor and it was no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Recently bought from Hardwareversand for the first time. In terms of pricing, they're hard to beat. The 24" Samsung monitor I got was between 30 - 50 euro cheaper with them than their competitors. (Yeah, it was new).

One thing to be careful of is "Sale" items. For the most part, they aren't actually on sale, but are returns/refurbs offered at a slightly lower price. This is noted on the item's page (albeit in German, so it didn't register with me). Ended up returning the graphics card for a new one. €30 euro off a €270 card didn't seem worth it for a refurb.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Thought it was €30 (it has been a few years since i got stuff off them, though).

Welcome to the forum. Learn to multi-quote.

If a tech company gets a wall of text in a foreign language repeatedly everyday, the email address will be added to a blacklist (referred to as the spam list in my post) this is to minimize the amount of unwanted email.

In reference to your original post, what test did your computer technician run on the card, and did you send this info to HWS? I ask as once HWS got the card, it would be then sent onwards to the original manufacture and tested by them before being sent back. It seems the manufacturer found the card not to be faulty, and thus sent it back.

What was the original order from HWS?

My Technician swapped my components with his and found that that graphics card was faulty.

I have a msi radeon r9 285 and it is doing great, i bought it from Komplett.ie.

Funny thing is i have red lines going horizontally across the bottom of my screen but bearly noticeable ?

Solitaire wrote: »
    colm, please calm down before you say something we all regret. I'll put your insane flood of posts down to you not knowing how to multiquote, but repeatedly insulting another user (and then accusing them of spamming considering your posting style!) will not be tolerated any further.

Yes, people here have accused you of being a troll but to be fair you aren't exactly doing a great job of disproving their accusations. Calm down and respond to others' posts without becoming combative and they'll take you more seriously.

I am calm and im trying to answer people in a positive manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only issue I would have is the bank part, would think if you spent 5k with them they should let you use a CC or paypal.
    When I bought my PC from them a couple of years ago I'm pretty sure I paid with paypal. :confused:

I also ordered the wrong motherboard for my case and they didn't charge me extra to return and replace with the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PCFlareGun

DeepBlue wrote: »
    When I bought my PC from them a couple of years ago I'm pretty sure I paid with paypal. :confused:

I also ordered the wrong motherboard for my case and they didn't charge me extra to return and replace with the correct one.

I bought from them a week ago and PayPal wasn't an option offered.

I have read some people saying it only works for smaller orders.

I'd take a guess and say it's some thing to do with charge backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I had the same problem with a faulty 7970 card (was running at 97 degrees at 50% load)
    i sent it back to them and they said they would return it to manufacturer for their opinion.
    It took 9 weeks for the card to be returned.

The same card was returned to me as the serial number was the same.
    Having spent ages trying to find out from hwv what was wrong with the card they couldnt tell me?
    2 weeks later the problem came back.

I took the matter into my own hands and changed the thermal paste with a decent one
    and the problems ceased.

It made me wary of buying from hwv again as when problems arise its pot luck if
    A: They answer the phone and can speak english
    B:They explain what the problem is in the first place
    C:Take forever to return your expensive equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I had the same problem with a faulty 7970 card (was running at 97 degrees at 50% load)
    i sent it back to them and they said they would return it to manufacturer for their opinion.
    TBH, I'd avoid whatever manufacturer made that card, tbh, if the manufacturer didn't find any fault with the faulty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    its pot luck if
    A: They answer the phone and can speak english

Well holy god, there's a chance that an employee of a German company might not have perfect English? Stopp der Presse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Well holy god, there's a chance that an employee of a German company might not have perfect English? Stopp der Presse!!

I agree and to be fair to them, they speak perfectly good english. When one of the people I spoke to couldn't speak english he transfered me to an english speaker. So it really isn't an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

What shipper does hwvs use to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Liquidus wrote: »
    What shipper does hwvs use to Ireland?

UPS

Advertisement