Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Studies Level 6 DIT

Options
  • 11-03-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im just wondering has anybody out there have any information on the business studies course in DIT. Such as :
    Where do the majority go on to complete there level 8 ?
    Is it a worth while course ?
    Just looking for a general consensus on the course and also where do the majority of DIT students get accommodation ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sharkey2015

Hi Helena

I did this course from 2011 to 2013 and am currently in my third year in busisness and management. could not fault the course as there are so many different subject options which would be able to help you to determine what course you want to go into after the two years . there are a range of subjects in both years with year 1 having subjects such as quants, accounting and communications and computers

in year two you can choose between many different options such as accounting, hrm , finance and computers.

most of my class went on to a level eight. you can get into level eight as long as you pass all your subjects but in order to get your first option you would have to do a good bit better. you can get into year 2 or three of most courses depending on your results

hope that helps you a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Majority go to Level 8, need to average at 60% to get into second year of L8 and at least 65% to get into third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Helena_

Thanks for getting back to me on this ,helped a lot ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Iwantnolove

Anyone have any more information about this course?

Anyone have any more information about this course?

What you want to know?

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What you want to know?

Are level 8 options after the 2 years only available in DIT or can one apply to UCD or DCU? is it hard to get the average of 60% to get into a level 8?

Thank you.

Are level 8 options after the 2 years only available in DIT or can one apply to UCD or DCU? is it hard to get the average of 60% to get into a level 8?

Thank you.

UCD and DCU will take applications for DCU require at least 70% (1.1) because places are limited. UCD require at least 60% (2.1) however a B3 in O Level Maths are LC is required also.

The majority of students get around 60%. Once you complete your CA they go a long way towards the exams as many modules they are worth 30-40% so you have a good idea of what you need in the exam to.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    UCD and DCU will take applications for DCU require at least 70% (1.1) because places are limited. UCD require at least 60% (2.1) however a B3 in O Level Maths are LC is required also.

The majority of students get around 60%. Once you complete your CA they go a long way towards the exams as many modules they are worth 30-40% so you have a good idea of what you need in the exam to.

Oh that's a shame, I only got a C2 in Ordinary Maths for the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 1 miccal

does anyone hav any information on level 8 business studies ?

Advertisement