Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

icb report error

Options
  • 11-03-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Bit of advice needed. I applied to bank of ireland for a mortgage and was turned down due to my poor credit rating. It turns out that my current mortgage provider (ebs) twice reported me to the icb for missed mortgage repayments. I have never missed a repayment and my credit score is down 350 points because of this. Where do I go with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

reddub2015 wrote: »
    Bit of advice needed. I applied to bank of ireland for a mortgage and was turned down due to my poor credit rating. It turns out that my current mortgage provider (ebs) twice reported me to the icb for missed mortgage repayments. I have never missed a repayment and my credit score is down 350 points because of this. Where do I go with this?

Obviously talk to EBS and get them to amend it if no missed payments. If unhappy with their response make a complaint. If unhappy with response to complaint contact Financial Services Ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You need to check your annual mortgage statements from EBS which will show if and when you missed a payment and check your current account for same months to show evidence that your payments were made on time.

If EBS made a mistake they will have to correct information to ICB.

Advertisement