Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann

Options
  • 11-03-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they have bought old Ulsterbus stock? Saw an Ulsterbus mini-bus driving over the Dublin St bridge today and had to do a double take. Blue and white UB livery. I thought "he's lost!" But it had a local destination on it's front and side. I'm intrigued.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

mod9maple wrote: »
    Anyone know if they have bought old Ulsterbus stock? Saw an Ulsterbus mini-bus driving over the Dublin St bridge today and had to do a double take. Blue and white UB livery. I thought "he's lost!" But it had a local destination on it's front and side. I'm intrigued.

BE from tim eto time sub out work if they dont have vehicles available. The "sub" will have stickers with BE on them. For instance I took a 100x to Dublin one morning and I think it was an Anchor tours bus with BE sticker on it so perhaps UB had a small contract or a local operator bought an old UB and then got a contract to run a route from BE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

cargo wrote: »
    so perhaps UB had a small contract or a local operator bought an old UB and then got a contract to run a route from BE.

I was thinking the latter actually, I know other bus operators run routes when needed for BE. I doubt the former could happen though. I know Ulsterbus run tours and they run the inter-city route but I couldn't see a bus from Newry, a mini-bus remember, being subbed for a local route, even on a temporary basis.

I'm still intrigued. I know one of the local BE drivers, I must ask him next time I see him, and I'll keep an eye out for this wee UB bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I was on that bus! It's a Halpenny one, had to do a double take when I saw it coming along to my stop on the Dublin Road!

Advertisement