Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Any of the Sky team would do me. :D

please please let it be simon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

any replay online please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Do we not like the sky team guys? I personally love their coverage only person id have to change would be Herbert I wouldn't mind seen his smiley face punched even a little to see if he would actually change his expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

jayo26 wrote: »
    Do we not like the sky team guys? I personally love their coverage only person id have to change would be Herbert I wouldn't mind seen his smiley face punched even a little to see if he would actually change his expression.

Herbert is an absolute gentleman. David Croft sorry 'crofty' is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

risteard7 wrote: »
    Herbert is an absolute gentleman. David Croft sorry 'crofty' is irritating.

ah i cant stand simon i find him to annoying, i prefered jim rosental or steve rider and jake humpreys to him they had more knowledge of the sport and more interest in it to,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,921 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I much prefer the BBC coverage myself. Even there highlights today was done much better than Skys live covarage. I did not really care for the intro Martin Brundle done on Sky it just turned me off. I am a fan not a driver. The BBC had less time and they still came up with a better intro to the season. The other thing is on Sky they never say now over to Simon or over to Martin they just cut over to them and the way they show the car replays on there screen is annoying too.They do on the BBC. I enjoyed the BBCs replay of the Qualifying today much more than Skys live coverage it was just much better. I don,t want to see the screen its shown on as well as Simon or crofty or whoever it is showing it I just want to see what is on the screen. The BBC can do it right when they show replays so why can,t Sky.
    Can,t wait to see the race tomorrow should be good. Think Lewis will get first Nico second and then either Massa or Vettel in third. Kimi might get third or fourth.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AMKC wrote: »
    I much prefer the BBC coverage myself. Even there highlights today was done much better than Skys live covarage. I did not really care for the intro Martin Brundle done on Sky it just turned me off. I am a fan not a driver. The BBC had less time and they still came up with a better intro to the season. The other thing is on Sky they never say now over to Simon or over to Martin they just cut over to them and the way they show the car replays on there screen is annoying too.They do on the BBC. I enjoyed the BBCs replay of the Qualifying today much more than Skys live coverage it was just much better. I don,t want to see the screen its shown on as well as Simon or crofty or whoever it is showing it I just want to see what is on the screen. The BBC can do it right when they show replays so why can,t Sky.
    Can,t wait to see the race tomorrow should be good. Think Lewis will get first Nico second and then either Massa or Vettel in third. Kimi might get third or fourth.

I suppose its each to there own I like the sky coverage I do like Eddie Jordan on bbc I think the last year they had exclusive rights too it was good fun between Jake and David and Eddie mostly taking the mick outa eddie but I haven't watched it on bbc since sky got the rights to it. I like ted he does a good job too,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

only watched 3 sessions now with sky commentary but already infuriating that they all pronounce Vettel with a F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »

Sky's coverage would be much better without Croft and Herbert. Croft continually makes mistakes, doesn't spot a lot of relevant action and that #askCrofty segment is awful. I don't find Herbert to be likable at all. He never really seems to offer any insight like Brundle does, and generally comes across as a clown.

Brundle, Ted and Natalie are excellent in their roles. I respect anything that Damon Hill has to say as he was one of my favourite drivers when I started watching F1 and Simon Lazenby does a decent job of holding the show together.

Going back a few years though, Jake, Martin Brundle, DC, Eddie Jordan & Ted worked so well together. It's a shame that team broke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Roll call! Who's present here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ZZZzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Pity about Bottas, hopefully he'll be ok for Malaysia.

Edit: Magnussen stopped on track on the way to the grid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

1 Mclaren down already and race is still 25 mins away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Kvyat stopped on track now too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Hah this is hilarious, two cars gone already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jordan 191 wrote: »

Anseo. Brain hasn't arrived yet though.

Surprised Williams don't have a back up driver sorted.

Haha Arnie and Arnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭lolie

Totonator and the terminater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

lol, yes nice to finally see Wolfe and Arnie together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭lolie

Jordan 191 wrote: »

Yes mam.
    *puts hand up

Lets go!

Ah Jaysus. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Didn't take long for Crashtor to show up :p

Well, that didn't take ol' Pastor too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Did they say Maldonado innocent in that, that's a first ;)

Very sparse race gets sparcer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

13 cars now. Grosjean retires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Running out of cars lads.

Advertisement