Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

In fairness he know nothing about it. Feckin 2 Renaults out now. Damn young fellas causing murder already. Tsk tsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Mclaren might actually score points today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jesus, not even one racing lap at speed and only 13 cars left.

Pinnacle of motorsport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

both lotues out allready, and a sauber in 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Smallest grid I've seen in years. Hope Button gets a few points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Mclaren might actually score points today

That'd be great for Button.

Zcott wrote: »
    Smallest grid I've seen in years. Hope Button gets a few points!

He's desperately slow though. Must be pretty demoralising for him and the whole team. Must be an extra kick in the stones is seeing a Sauber 5th.

Not really liking the new on screen graphics

Not seeing much info being shown about fuel usage
    seem to only highlight the gaps between position 5 and 8

Haha go Button!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Am I the only one feeling this is a bit flat? Maybe its the lack of cars...

Feel sorry for Button, they made him wait around on their decision at the end of last year, and then give him that pile of crap as reward.

Also finding it confusing with Nasr and Massa-r, as I think someone else mentioned earlier

• Advertisement

Kimi and Hamilton best on fuel usage, Ricciardo worst, didn't show the honda

But only 2% difference between best and worst

The new FOM on screen info is dire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Gintonious wrote: »
    The new FOM on screen info is dire.

Purlpe font is hard to read for the fastest laps. Needs much simpler colours.

don't like hearing 1 stop strategies mentioned

would be nice if two or three stop was also a realistic option but maybe overtaking still hard

Purlpe font is hard to read for the fastest laps. Needs much simpler colours.

Its a bit of a dogs dinner (Im a user interface designer, this type of stuff drives me mad)

This doesn't feel like a race at all, its like a free practise or a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If I wasn't waiting for a video to render so I can upload it immediately after, I'd have closed the race stream and gone to bed 45 minutes ago... zzzzzzz

Maybe I should just go hibernate until the start of the IndyCar or WEC seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

12 cars. Verstappen's PU crapped it.

And somehow Button his still going. Bit of a slow burner this race...

Whats worse is that there is no reason (other than rain) to say that the whole season won't be like this.

Very worrying.

• Advertisement

Whats worse is that there is no reason (other than rain) to say that the whole season won't be like this.

Very worrying.

7fa.jpg

I can't wait to see how Sky or the BBC will sugarcoat this and say it was still exciting.

Nothing is exciting. The sound, the action, 1 stop races. I am throughly bored watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

This is so boring!

I can't wait to see how Sky or the BBC will sugarcoat this and say it was still exciting.

Nothing is exciting. The sound, the action, 1 stop races. I am throughly bored watching this.

Considering we had double the amount of cars on track only 3 years ago, agree.

First time since Valencia left that I've been bored...

Jesus f****g christ. 11 cars. 11.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Considering we had double the amount of cars on track only 3 years ago, agree.

First time since Valencia left that I've been bored...

I think the issue is much bigger, the cost of these engines dwarfs that of the V8's, and they are just not as exciting to listen to or watch on the TV. The teams can't test them so they run them conservatively, and they are limited on the amount they can run also per season.

I can see this type of race being the norm, the Merc is a monster of a car, not just the engine, the chassis, the aero, the driver package. Ferrari and Williams can battle it out all they want, but will people really tune in to watch a battle for the best of the rest?

And with that, Kimi goes out. And Button in the points.

11 cars now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

'Hon Jenson! To quote the great man from Formula 1 '97 "keep it on the black stuff"

and hope someone else drops out

It's a bit of a dull one, but it's good to see some unreliability after years of bulletproof cars.

• Advertisement

Christ, did anyone see the fuel usage of the Mercs? They are running on nothing!

Advertisement