Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Button trying to put some debris on the track so that someone will crash and he gets a point... kinda like Mario Kart throwing a banana skin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

No Alonso, No Bottas and the Mclarens in the wilderness are having more effect on the racing than the numbers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I am sure Sauber are glad they kept Nasr over VDG, doing a stellar job on the first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Gintonious wrote: »
    I am sure Sauber are glad they kept Nasr over VDG, doing a stellar job on the first race.

Likewise, I'll bet VDG is really wishing he was in the car...

Pffft, Hamilton is toying with Rosberg at this stage, this season is Hamiltons already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Grosjean's already left. Don't blame him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Well done Erricson!

Red Bull are going to be lapped as well, how times have changed.

Right, i'll give it a few more races, and if they are still like this farce, then I am not bothering with F1 this year.

Been supporting the sport for years, but it is a far cry from what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Well done Lewis. Great result for Nasr and I suppose Ferrrari with Vettel given last season.

Gutted Button didn't pick up a point. He f*ckin deserved one.

Disappointed by Red Bull. Pretty crap race over all but it normally is in Aus.

• Advertisement

CAHnEBxWMAAaKg9.jpg

If anyone would like to see some actual racing, Formula E highlights are on ITV at 9:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well done Lewis. Great result for Nasr and I suppose Ferrrari with Vettel given last season.

Gutted Button didn't pick up a point. He f*ckin deserved one.

Disappointed by Red Bull. Pretty crap race over all but it normally is in Aus.

Lewis was superb today. His driving was smooth.

It sure was a great result for Nasr for sure, same with Ericsson and especially for Sauber considering the turbulent run-up to the race they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

McBain :D

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    McBain :D

Toto McBain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Damn, even the four tiny V8 Supercars races over the weekend were more entertaining than the main event...

Going to be very hard to justify getting up early in a fortnight's time after that display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

What's with Button's dodgy 'tache? Did he lose a bet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well that was a bit of a let down to be honest and times didn't reflect how bad it was, I felt that Hamilton was always holding back just doing enough to stay ahead I don't think Ferrari are as good as they look either I still believe Mercedes are holding back in general,

The one bright part of the race was nasr he had a solid drive for a young driver and so did verstappen he deserved more,

Now on a side note I don't like this thing of Arnie doing interviews its getting more and more tacky bit by bit f1 is going to have to change big time the lack of money and development with the teams at the back compaired to the front is getting wider and wider they need to do something drastically one of my thoughts was on having a team like merc design and build their own car and at start of season allow them to sell it to the lesser teams but that team has to develops it themselves over the season maybe its stupid idea but the lower teams are not anywhere close to building a race challenging car as it stands, and we have teams like manor just turning up with no intention of racing that's not on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

im very surprissed by sauber they seem to have a good car, great drive by nasr, i think max v was doing ok before his engine let go, must have been something wrong with carlos car or else hes not alert enough at restarts, one thing thats going bug me now for the season and prob some other people is the number of engines, max v, daniel r, k mag/ fernado only have 3 engines left for the season and by my working on it by montreal at least one if not two will be onto there fifth engine and 10 place grid penalty, surely allowing 5/6 would be better as it is its only going punish the driver which seems unjust on them, but then thats the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A very 'flat' opener :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Myrddin wrote: »
    A very 'flat' opener :(

im watching the 2005 australian grand prix here on video and enjoying better then this mornings race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They've got to do something with the power plants. It was shocking today. Probably up there with the U.S. Grand Prix. How can anyone catch Mercedes? It seems they have an extra 100BHP on the Renault Unit. I didn't enjoy it one bit. Formula E is growing on me.

tripperman wrote: »
    im very surprissed by sauber they seem to have a good car, great drive by nasr, i think max v was doing ok before his engine let go, must have been something wrong with carlos car or else hes not alert enough at restarts, one thing thats going bug me now for the season and prob some other people is the number of engines, max v, daniel r, k mag/ fernado only have 3 engines left for the season and by my working on it by montreal at least one if not two will be onto there fifth engine and 10 place grid penalty, surely allowing 5/6 would be better as it is its only going punish the driver which seems unjust on them, but then thats the rules

I think if they are going to limit the engines that drastically they need to relax the testing end of it. 3 events of testing new cars seemingly ain't enough.

Anyone notice the boo'ing of Hamilton on the podium? Wonder what that was about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Anyone notice the boo'ing of Hamilton on the podium? Wonder what that was about?

That was aimed at the man presenting him his trophy.

Gillespy wrote: »
    That was aimed at the man presenting him his trophy.

Oh? Who was that?

The Premier of Victoria I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

There must be some contrast in the thoughts of Fernando on his move to McLaren and Sebastian on his move to Ferrari right about now.

Elsewhere, every time I hear the words "fuel saving" I feel like flinging the remote at the tv. Rosberg had started to close the gap a small bit to Lewis just over the half way point and was promptly told that he needed to conserve fuel. It's a shame drivers can't race flat out during the "race".

Hoping for a something better than a snoozefest in Malaysia.

Do me a favour and watch reruns of old races when they're on. You'll hear about fuel saving more often that you think. It's Rosberg's problem, he had it all last year and had it in the practice sessions on Friday. I don't think I ever heard Hamilton being told to save fuel.

• Advertisement

They were going vettle too in the interview with anrnie I wouldn't think there was anything in it.

Advertisement