Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 screen replacement

• 11-03-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Anyone know the best place to get an iPhone 6 screen replaced. Cracked it to pieces today. Phone still working just need glass replacement.

I'm in the Kildare & South Dublin area.

Need it done quickly and cheaply.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Doubt you'll get an iPhone 6 screen done cheaply, I'd expect €150-€200 for non original and €200+ for Original

example of costs for part direct from China
    AAA = **** quality BTW
    2cdtz4p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Apple will do it for €121.30

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GBrownie

GSM Solution, 6 & 7 Upper Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. The workshop is open 6 days a week 10am-6pm. They are known as iPhone Repair Center. I just hear about, I did not get any services from them.

GBrownie wrote: »
    GSM Solution, 6 & 7 Upper Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. The workshop is open 6 days a week 10am-6pm. They are known as iPhone Repair Center. I just hear about, I did not get any services from them.

They are also known as cowboys

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    They are also known as cowboys

How nice of the poster to let us know with their one and only post though.....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

GBrownie wrote: »

Nice 1st post, aren't they banned from boards?
    if anyone is even considering them for anything please have have a read here and the various other threads all over the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

I know E-Tech in Dundrum do screen repair. They did my iPhone 5 screen in 20 minutes and I haven't had an issue with it. Doubt it'll be "cheap" though if you want it done properly and with a decent quality replacement screen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    I know E-Tech in Dundrum do screen repair. They did my iPhone 5 screen in 20 minutes and I haven't had an issue with it. Doubt it'll be "cheap" though if you want it done properly and with a decent quality replacement screen..

Will very likely void the warranty if he gets it repaired anywhere other than Apple.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Will very likely void the warranty if he gets it repaired anywhere other than Apple.

Your warranty is automatically voided due to physical damage when you break your screen..

Your warranty is automatically voided due to physical damage when you break your screen..

If Apple repair it you keep the warranty.

• Advertisement

If Apple repair it you keep the warranty.

Thats news to me! How long do they generally take with repairs? Do I have to ship the phone to them? Where is the repair centre located?

Your warranty still stands once it's replaced by an authorised service provider. If you replace display unauthorised & something goes wrong down the line, you won't be covered.

Your warranty still stands once it's replaced by an authorised service provider. If you replace display unauthorised & something goes wrong down the line, you won't be covered.

As I said news to me. Any information on Apples repair service? Where do you send the phone to? How long does it take? Cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

There is no authorised repair centres in Ireland for iPhone so Apple is the only way.

As I said news to me. Any information on Apples repair service? Where do you send the phone to? How long does it take? Cost?

The prices are in the pic I posted on the first page. They go to England and I presume it's much the same as sending an iPhone in for warranty, about a week.

There is no authorised repair centres in Ireland for iPhone so Apple is the only way.

Yep I know that. Didn't say there was one just that it needs to be an Apple authorised one to avoid voiding the warranty.

You see thats also a big problem, I couldn't be without my phone for a week so I'd sooner void the warranty and have it done on the spot..

You see thats also a big problem, I couldn't be without my phone for a week so I'd sooner void the warranty and have it done on the spot..

You have the express replacement option. You won't be without your phone at any stage then.

You have the express replacement option. You won't be without your phone at any stage then.

How does that work? Any idea on costs for the express option?

• Advertisement

How does that work? Any idea on costs for the express option?

A hold of maybe €700 on a card and €29 fee for express. They seem to waive the fee a lot though but they want the hold until they get your old phone back.

Advertisement