Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Face makeup

• 11-03-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm one of those people who are seriously bad at makeup. I've got ok at eye makeup thanks to naked 2 palette tutorials on youtube, but I really struggle with my face- I never know how to contour etc.

What's the essential face makeup you use on your face? Obviously foundation, primer, powder, but what else? Do you use highlighter?

Thanks guys- planning to go on a bit of a makeup shopping spree :)
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I wouldn't do much in the way of contouring for my everyday make-up; I spend enough time trying to cover up spots without getting too complicated about it! One thing I do use though is a pinky-brown blusher that I sweep upwards towards my temples. It functions as a blush/contour product because it sculpts my cheekbones a bit too.

I use NARS blush in Douceur; it's been discontinued and is pretty pricey but the NARS counter in Brown Thomas might still have a few left. MAC Tenderling and NYX blush in Mauve would be similar, but any matte nude-toned blush would do the same job.

If I want to actually contour, I'd use the NYX blush in Taupe, or Benefit Hoola bronzer.

As for highlight, I only use it for nights out because I have oily, sheeny skin anyway. My go-to highlighter is MAC Lightscapade, but there are tonnes of great ones out there, like the Sleek contour palettes, or theBalm Mary Lou-manizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Foundation, bronzer and blush are the main ones for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement