Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gym in waterford ?, looking for opinions

Options
  • 11-03-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The company I work for will pay up to €400 a year for a gym membership, what one do ye reccomend ?. I'm living in the city centre so was mainly looking at KingFisher, Spirit and the Tower hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

If you're in the city centre than spirit is probably your best choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

Sorry OP, but none of them are gyms ,their all leisure centers :-) if its pools and facials and cardio you're looking for any of them will fulfill your needs my friend. If its to train and get fitter,IMO there are a lot more choices out there that may be a little more expensive but offer a far better "bang for your buck".

Fair play to whatever company you work for, for paying your gym membership. Niceeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

wsopchamp wrote: »
    Sorry OP, but none of them are gyms ,their all leisure centers :-) if its pools and facials and cardio you're looking for any of them will fulfill your needs my friend. If its to train and get fitter,IMO there are a lot more choices out there that may be a little more expensive but offer a far better "bang for your buck".

Fair play to whatever company you work for, for paying your gym membership. Niceeeeeee
    i like the cut of your jib lol OP join goldstone i think its 275 for years membership at the moment and all your classes are free

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Hi OP,

I have never ever been a gym addict. I joined the woodlands a few years back and went a handful of times and it was a complete waste of money.
    A new years resolution has drove me to a crossfit style strength and conditioning gym. I am one week in on my training and can say that its the best week Ive ever had in my life in terms of fitness. I cannot recommend Waterford Warriors highly enough. Have a look for them on facebook and see if it would suit you. Gary, Dean and Rachel are brilliant trainers and motivators and will get you were you need to be. It is probably a bit more expensive than your regular style leisure club style gym but you only have to pay for your first and last month up front. But beware its highly addictive ;-)
    If you get cold feet you aren't that much out of pocket and as your work is paying your immediately on a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spartacus88

Goldstone is the best gym in the town by a long run, if you're not bothered about the pool it's defiantly worth a look. The only negative I could really say about that the place is that its a bit of a poser's paradise, but then again so are all gyms. None the less everything else is on point from the price and equipment to the opening times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

You could try Crossfit

Advertisement