Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JGL Lamp

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a big post written out and then knocked the power lead out. Lost entire post. So short version.

My mate arrived up with a new lamp. He paid €60 for it in Wildhunter in Athlone. Could be a bit more as he tends to drop the price he pays for stuff when telling people to make it seem like a bargain.

Anyway it's a wireless version of the Lightforce, but made by JGL. Chinese so i held out little hope. It's LED, weighs the same as the Wildhunter torch, has a mains charging lead (no car lead afaik), and a mounting point to attach to a gun. It also has a pistol grip handle with a "trigger" switch to turn on and off.

The beam has a tight and bright central beam with a large flood lighting feature. It can easily light up the end of the field at the back of my house. It's has the Wildhunter bet. At 500 yards the light is much brighter than the Wildhunter torch. Basically it's the same as a Lightforce 140.

Now while some think comparing a torch to a lamp is unfair look at the features. Both have:
    • Rechargeable, internal, battery
    • No leads
    • Handheld
    • Weight the same
    • Scope mountable

He headed out with the Father so i'll find out when they get back if the 2 hour continuous usage claim is true. Below are some (crap) pictures showing it compared to the Wildhunter.

Anyone else try one, have one, etc?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

pictures dont work,

theres a lot of wireless 150 and 140 lamps on the market at the minute and all are sold out, comes with a red filter aswel.

Is it the same one?

https://www.irishshootingsports.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=255_263&products_id=4329&zenid=135bc5a6d215acfa8ae012de15d075e1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorry about that. Fixed them now.

I had heard of wireless lamps, but honestly i thought they would be the same as the torches and would not hold up to the quality of the Lightforce with battery packs. Granted it won't last as long, but seems okay.

That one in the link is the exact one. So the price was reduced. And reduced further on sale. Might invest on one. Decent looking yoke, but am still "nervous" about the quality. Have bought the cheaper stuff before and they work great, when they work. When they don't they are throw away. IOW not able to be fixed.

Have you tried one?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Sorry about that. Fixed them now.

I had heard of wireless lamps, but honestly i thought they would be the same as the torches and would not hold up to the quality of the Lightforce with battery packs. Granted it won't last as long, but seems okay.

That one in the link is the exact one. So the price was reduced. And reduced further on sale. Might invest on one. Decent looking yoke, but am still "nervous" about the quality. Have bought the cheaper stuff before and they work great, when they work. When they don't they are throw away. IOW not able to be fixed.

Have you tried one?

I havent tried one, only fiddled with one in the shop. Decided to go back and buy one and they were sold out since.

Anywhere ive tried seems to be sold out, The suppliers havent got them in stock yet apparently.

Wildhunter dont seem to have them on the website either.

Ideal bit of kit if you only head out for a short trip, I'd imagine the turning on and off in a lamping type of situation would kill the battery faster than constant use though.

garv123 wrote: »
    Wildhunter don't seem to have them on the website either.

Checked that last night as he bought his from there, and did not find them either. However as they are not a Wildhunter product i assumed they simply did not advertise them.

Must give WH in Athlone a call to see if they have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Checked that last night as he bought his from there, and did not find them either. However as they are not a Wildhunter product i assumed they simply did not advertise them.

Must give WH in Athlone a call to see if they have any left.
    Friend of mine has 1 gave up using the light force and uses this instead. He said they were out for 4 hours the other nite and it never went dead so the battery seems to be good.
    A lad was advertising them on done deal a while ago and I seen them some where else only a few days ago
    I'll look now and post link if I can find it

• Advertisement

clivej wrote:
    I built a DIY add on NV that works very well. Total was bout €200 with a Nightmaster 800 IR torch. Good to view out to 250y, eyes at 300y +
    Have a look at the NVUK.com site and FB pages.

341787.jpg
    The WH torch will do that and further. This lamp seems much more towards the Ligthforce end of illumination.

Plus any NV, be it add on or store bought, requires authorisation and is it an offence to have one on a firearm without it. The lamps don't. Now if yours is compeltely handheld then great, but it leads to the issue of solo lamping. The NV would be useless in conjunction with a rifle. You see what you want through the NV, and when you look through your scope you've not light.

EDIT - After seeing your picture that is a NV set up and needs authorisation. Bit too much grief for me when the lamp would do the same, if not better imo, job.

@ richiedel123 - If ya have that pass it on. I know they can bee got in WWH in Athlone, and Garv gave a link above to them. I've heard of them, but never seen one in the flesh and tbh i'm a little surprised they work as well as they do.

Just want to get as much feed back from lads on them, opinions or reviews, before going for yet another lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

I was in wildhunter earlier and they had 3. If anyone is still looking it might be worth giving them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Cass wrote:
    @ richiedel123 - If ya have that pass it on. I know they can bee got in WWH in Athlone, and Garv gave a link above to them. I've heard of them, but never seen one in the flesh and tbh i'm a little surprised they work as well as they do.

Just want to get as much feed back from lads on them, opinions or reviews, before going for yet another lamp.
    That's the same place I seen it. To be honest I'm gonna buy 1 myself. I seen it working and there is great light out of it. And my friend does a lot of lamping and swears by it. And he has nite masters laser designators even n .v and put that all away and uses this lamp Unless he has a real lamp shy fox then he uses the designator or that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

I have the deben Version, they are all basically the same lamp just re branded , i reckon you get a good 3 hours running permanently ,(which you would never do out lamping) takes about 8 hours to charge it , you loose a fair bit with the filter on , i got a sling made from paracord west that hangs over 1 shoulder down to the opposite hip, great job when lamping solo , il put a photo in the morning .The lamp is seriously light ,i tested for a week then i sold my lithium battery ,even if you bought 2 lamps it would still cost less than a lithium battery.It is a seriously impressive lamp and the only thing i have seen come close to the beam is the Lightforce HID. I think i paid something like 60 euro in sportsden for it.

sorry 70 euro

http://www.sportsden.ie/guns/gun-accessories/rifle-accessories/led-sportlight-150-rechargeable-handheld-light.html

This is the sling , its made by a lad trying to get a little company going for himself making slings,straps etc from para cord, his company name is paracord west .Some of you might have seen him at the game fairs.Nice lad and very good at it.
    20150313_131517_zpso7dnscut.jpg
    20150313_131527_zpsfsstk2qx.jpg
    20150313_131534_zpsvtwabb1m.jpg
    20150313_131555_zpsljwajsga.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭softpoint

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭softpoint

Sorry one of the lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fallowhunter

Softpoint i just bought one of them lamps yesterday in open seoson nenagh and he had 3 or 4 left you will also get a red filter with it for €70

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

i too bought one of these last week in athlone of mikey 60 quid. i got the second last one. when i seen it i thought it was a very tidy machine so as usual mikey told me it was the best thing since sliced bread and if i had any issues to land it back and he would give me cash back.

so the misses and i went out for a look the last 3 nights. over two nights we were out about 5 hours and the lamp held charge for that. ive a lightforce 170 aswell and i have to say id be bringing the jgl out before it, its lighter more portable and just a nicer lamp to hold.

for the money its one piece of kit that every lad should have in his jeep and cant say much wrong with it at all.

...... its made by a lad trying to get a little company going for himself making slings.........
    Have you got the name of him/his shop?

@ nigelm485 - Thanks for the info. My mates one is holding up something similar. Good to hear it. Must try and get one shortly. I'm meant to be heading down that direction on Wednesday so hopefully they have one left.

If anyone hears of other dealers stocking them please post it here.

Have you got the name of him/his shop?

@ nigelm485 - Thanks for the info. My mates one is holding up something similar. Good to hear it. Must try and get one shortly. I'm meant to be heading down that direction on Wednesday so hopefully they have one left.

If anyone hears of other dealers stocking them please post it here.
    Paracord West.He has a Facebook page .The rifle slings he does are a nice job

• Registered Users Posts: 49 J s682

Well lads I'm in the market for a new lamp as the battery in my clulite is goosed so it's as good a reason as any to buy a new one! How are ye finding these running time and charging time etc also what's it like with the red filter on?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 del 243

iv a tracer 150 lamp the exact same as the jgl lamp picked it up off sean hearding sound man for 65 euro. seen them jgl lamps but every where i wen all sold out.

any chance anyone has a contact number for paracord west he has lovely stuff

del 243 wrote: »
    iv a tracer 150 lamp the exact same as the jgl lamp picked it up off sean hearding sound man for 65 euro. seen them jgl lamps but every where i wen all sold out.

any chance anyone has a contact number for paracord west he has lovely stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/paracordwest

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

I see a chap on youtube showing his buffalo river version of this I think it is.
    Is it ??. Are they all the same only different brands, if not witch ones are the better ones
    https://youtu.be/OB8SLPgNwLo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Anyone know a dealer that has these in stock

Did you try the ones mentioned above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭sniperman

hexosan wrote: »
    Anyone know a dealer that has these in stock

got one today from open season nenagh,€69,first impressions looks good,sturdy and light,will try it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

€55 on sportsden but not back in stock till the 25th nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭sniperman

hexosan wrote: »
    €55 on sportsden but not back in stock till the 25th nov

ya i know,also €5 for post to me,plus i did not want to wait,just tried it out back now,am happy with it.

Have one with a few weeks now, first night and the charger blew up. Got a replacement and love it so far. The distance is nearly as good as the lightforce and its much handier not having a lead and battery pack.

The beam is tight and sometimes its difficult to follow a running target at distance without eye shine but other than that Id highly recommend one.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

Dom Byrnes in wexford and Mc Cullaghs in bagnelstown usually has them Lamps too

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

got one lately,works well with the dog ,very narrow beam i thought and well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Hi lads got the tracer one yesterday.
    Any one know if you can get a car charger and a fitting to screw in bottom of handle to attach a lanyard to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Got one of these lamps months ago, I use it most nights especially lately with the short evenings even to run my dogs, easily spotting foxs at 300+ and must try it in a bigger area to see how well it works..
    Got mine in Uk with charger red filter and car charger for €70 posted.
    After owning it for some time very happy with the battery life and all I could say is watch the rubber button and plastic nut under it they go loose and could very well disappear on a dark night..
    PS my shoulder also loves this lamp.

Advertisement