Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Je suis King Dumb

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Before I say anything can I state that I am not requesting that the wwwBing thread be reopened, but that I please be afforded the courtesy to respond to a comment made about me before it was locked, and before I had the opportunity to respond, especially give that the mod who locked the thread, 'liked' the post, and in so supporting the suggestion made about me in the comment.

That is all I ask and I will be out of here.
    Are kingdumb and Tralee Rockie the Same person?

What the hell is happening?

I am not too sure how you came to that conclusion, what would make you think that while criticising the squatting of domains and twitter usernames [especially of charities], I would register another username in order to defend the same actions.

Do you not see why this make no sense ?

As I stated before, I am as confused by these actions as everybody else

xxyyzz wrote:
    I can see his point, Why the hell would you take a twitter handle like bumbulance when you have nothing in the world to do with the charity? That is acting the bollox IMHO.

^^^ This ^^^
    Thanks, xxyyzz

Ok that's it I will draw the line there, discussion finished !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Dear Kerry boards folks,

I have been a part of this community for around 7 years, I have enjoyed the discussion and the banter about Tralee and Kerry with ye over the years. In this time I believe I have been courteous to others and did not post anything off topic.

Over the last few weeks, there have been 3 separate occasions where my voice has been censored. In all of these cases my comments were on topic and not abusive or offensive in way.

The first issue was a post in the Tralee thread a few weeks back, despite it being clearly about Tralee, it was deleted without reason or warning, I had to request it be restored, it was.

The second was the wwwBing thread being locked, again it had strong Kerry links but I had to justify these , again it was unlocked.

The third was the relocking of the wwwBing thread yesterday, this time as it was 'going nowhere' & 'its not for this forum' ?

Who's call is this, how many other threads on here are going nowhere, and how is it that the actions of someone from Tralee/Kerry are good enough for notable publications such as the Washington Post [plus a reporter from Tralee Today was also in touch on the subject] but not the Kerry Thread on boards ?

I have no idea why this is happening, what I do know is that I have no wish to be part of a community where I am censored and have to continually justify my posts.

I will leave it at that, if anyone is looking for me I will be elsewhere !

Focail !

***king Dumb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Je suis Kevin, j'aime le gâteau.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kingdumb wrote: »
    Dear Kerry boards folks,

I have been a part of this community for around 7 years, I have enjoyed the discussion and the banter about Tralee and Kerry with ye over the years. In this time I believe I have been courteous to others and did not post anything off topic.

Over the last few weeks, there have been 3 separate occasions where my voice has been censored. In all of these cases my comments were on topic and not abusive or offensive in way.

The first issue was a post in the Tralee thread a few weeks back, despite it being clearly about Tralee, it was deleted without reason or warning, I had to request it be restored, it was.

The second was the wwwBing thread being locked, again it had strong Kerry links but I had to justify these , again it was unlocked.

The third was the relocking of the wwwBing thread yesterday, this time as it was 'going nowhere' & 'its not for this forum' ?

Who's call is this, how many other threads on here are going nowhere, and how is it that the actions of someone from Tralee/Kerry are good enough for notable publications such as the Washington Post [plus a reporter from Tralee Today was also in touch on the subject] but not the Kerry Thread on boards ?

I have no idea why this is happening, what I do know is that I have no wish to be part of a community where I am censored and have to continually justify my posts.

Focail !

***king Dumb

Please note that it isn't usually just one MOD who decides on a thread to be closed, there are more than just me who Moderates this forum and we also do discuss what is right or wrong for a forum....as well as there being a forum charter! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167649

A post/thread doesn't have to be offensive to be closed, we can close one at any time. You seem to constantly question a MOD's decision though, which is against forum rules!

If you are unhappy with a decision, then you can PM another Moderator or a Category Mod and ask why, but constantly opening another thread to question a Mod decision is against the forum rules.

just one point taken from the forum charter:
    Discretion of the Moderator

If you think these rules bind the moderators hands, think again. The moderators have discretion to react and moderate as they see fit, in the best interests of the forum they take care of. You can challenge a decision using the Dispute Resolution Process, but don’t think for a moment you can use the guidelines above to find some semantic loophole to excuse your behaviour (people who do this are known as “rules lawyers” and are seen as a small step above trolls). It’s not going to work. The spirit of the law is more important than the wording of the law on boards.ie and our guidelines can and will change if and when there’s need.

by the way, I can 'thank/like' a post if I want, I don't need to be questioned on why I have done so!

MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Dear Kerry boards folks,

Focail !

***king Dumb

I must admit that I, along with a number of other users, hadn't a notion what you were talking about when you opened the original thread and maybe that was what people took issue with. There were some very cryptic posts and it looked like spam for all the world. However, once you explained yourself clearly I think you made a fair enough point and it was relevant to Kerry so it seemed a bit harsh locking it IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I must admit that I, along with a number of other users, hadn't a notion what you were talking about when you opened the original thread and maybe that was what people took issue with. There were some very cryptic posts and it looked like spam for all the world. However, once you explained yourself clearly I think you made a fair enough point and it was relevant to Kerry so it seemed a bit harsh locking it IMHO.

For the record, I agree with this but I still have no idea what the bing threads are about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

xxyyzz wrote: »
    However, once you explained yourself clearly I think you made a fair enough point and it was relevant to Kerry so it seemed a bit harsh locking it IMHO.

That's true but there's no need to be such a drama lama over it. He could have pm'ed the mods when the original one was closed, he could have put a thread in the feedback forum and a thread called je suis king dumb is Just a little over the top

We need to talk about Kingdumb.

If only to give Kingdumb a break from talking about Kingdumb!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Je suis confus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Bitches be trippin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Dear Kerry boards folks,

Focail !

***king Dumb

Fair play to you Kingdumb.
    It seems wrong that a regular contributor should be so poorly treated following his recent contributions. Rather shamefully imho.!!
    In my opinion there has been an over zealousness by MOD's for the last number of months , locking threads, issuing yellow cards, deleting posts. There is a conflict of interest , over controlling and over reacting. I appreciate MODs have a job to do , however it has reached a new low.

The Tralee thread for example was a lively thread, however in recent weeks daily post rate has fallen considerably , some days indeed no posts at all. Regular posters have lost interest, perhaps that was the plan? A handful of posters contributing on rubbish.

Cost of rubbish disposal became quite a played out affair, opportunities to promote Tralee, St. Patricks Day Parade, Tralee International Marathon were hardly taken up. Strange ?

There were lots of visitors about!!! I know as I had friends visiting from North Carolina whom I brought on a tour of the Dingle Peninsula, who oohed and aahed at the wonderful scenery, history, archaeology, good food in South Pole Inn , and a wonderful restaurant near Slea Head.

Meanwhile the cost of rubbish continued on Boards , and on and on.........

Now we are nearing the end of 1st quarter 2015, perhaps it is time to relook at the Tralee Thread which has become defragmented or perhaps close it altogether and start afresh. Surely there are lots of good things happening in Tralee to talk about and highlight as we fast approach tourist season.

Come on girls and boys, can we get the threads going or at least give them a respectful burial

delthedriver:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

It seems to me that in general boards has lost it's buzz of late.
    There is much more fun to be had on Facebook groups, and more importantly no one is hiding behind a false name.
    Just my personal opinion.

It seems to me that in general boards has lost it's buzz of late.
    There is much more fun to be had on Facebook groups, and more importantly no one is hiding behind a false name.
    Just my personal opinion.

I agree Facebook gets my attention nowadays. More fun , more interesting and making connection with old friends across the globe:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I think you are being very unfair on the mods, del. We do this as unpaid volunteers and in this situation, could have been taken care of with a simple PM to one of the mods to explain what the thread was about. There certainly hasn't been any overuse of mod actions in my opinion. It seems the mods weren't the only ones confused with kingdumb's posting. Can we all move on from this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Careful now, down with this sort of thing

Ruu wrote: »
    I think you are being very unfair on the mods, del. We do this as unpaid volunteers and in this situation, could have been taken care of with a simple PM to one of the mods to explain what the thread was about. There certainly hasn't been any overuse of mod actions in my opinion. It seems the mods weren't the only ones confused with kingdumb's posting. Can we all move on from this now?

Volunteers by definition are unpaid. Like you or anyone else I am entitled to my opinion. I am certainly not being unfair to the mods. Equally the issue could have been resolved by a simple PM from the Mods. Without dragging up the specifics again, respectfully I shall agree to disagree and move on. Should you or anyone else wish to PM me on this or any other issue , please feel free.
    del.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Grand so, lets move on. See no need for this thread to remain open at this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement