Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telegraph pole fell over onto road and no telephone line or broadband

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Telegraph pole fell over onto road and no telephone line or broadband.

Pole fell morning of 11th March

Telephone and broadband went down at 10:50.

This is just outside Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo.

This issue is the same for neibours down our road.

How long will this take to sort out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hillson wrote: »
    Telegraph pole fell over onto road and no telephone line or broadband.

Pole fell morning of 11th March

Telephone and broadband went down at 10:50.

This is just outside Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo.

This issue is the same for neibours down our road.

How long will this take to sort out.
    Hi Hillson

The repair depends on the amount of works, severity of damage and if any permission is required from the council. I Can't offer you a specific timeframe but if you would like to PM me your land line number  can look in to this for further updates.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Hillson

Hi Hillson

The repair depends on the amount of works, severity of damage and if any permission is required from the council. I Can't offer you a specific timeframe but if you would like to PM me your land line number  can look in to this for further updates.

Thanks

Al

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Hillson

http://imgur.com/wWBVUiA

Picture of lines on ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hillson wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/wWBVUiA

Picture of lines on ground
    Hello Hillson

As you are currently subscribed to another provider I will be unable to offer you information on the repair of your line. The best advice I can offer you is to get in touch with your current provider for updates on this case. I'm aware that eircom maintain the lines however cases escalated by other providers can only be dealt with at a wholesale level and certain regulatory proceedures must be followed. Ultimately I don't even have access to an update.

In terms of a general time frame I can confirm that line faults resolutions are all circumstantial and while an average timeframe cannot be advised the normal timeframe advised is up to 4 working days.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement