Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI - why so many policies?

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

Well I suppose this goes for all health insurers. So so so many policies that it becomes a complete nightmare sifting through them to find one that works for your situation.
    My husband's employer (large multinational) has just changed the company Vhi policy from Corporate policy to an identical PMI policy.
    I can't understand the reason for this change. They seem identical but with the new one having a slightly higher children policy premium. It's just a new name.

Why do they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have no idea. Its extremely confusing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

They will probably change the price of one soon, probably to put people coming up for renewal on a higher rate.

I have been switching between PMI policies over the last few years and I've noticed they will change the price a couple of months before my renewal date comes up so I think they have a good idea of what they're at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I could be wrong. But one plan I was on seems to slowly change name and benefits over a few years. Then the same plan name with similar benefits it originally had reappeared, only I was no longer on it.

They would say you renew every year to a new plan. So you should shop around every year same as car insurance.

Also they might say they offer a variety of plans to sit different people.

The main impact for me seems to be that it makes it very hard to compare plans. Even within VHI never mind competitors.

Maybe I'm mistaken though.

Advertisement