Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking on Landlord's account

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi 

My landlord has the Unlimited Broadband 24 MB and Eircom Talk bundle and the initial contract has expired. I have a few questions below:

1. If we take on the landlord's contract, I presume the contract period will remain passed, and we won't need to sign a new 12 or 18 month contract?  

2. Would the monthly charge stay the same as the landlord paid?

3. The landlord did not leave a phone, would you provide one if we take on the account?

4. His speed is about 7 MB/second, is this the maximum we can expect? I can provide the house address by private message if needed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

My landlord has the Unlimited Broadband 24 MB and Eircom Talk bundle and the initial contract has expired. I have a few questions below:

1. If we take on the landlord's contract, I presume the contract period will remain passed, and we won't need to sign a new 12 or 18 month contract?

2. Would the monthly charge stay the same as the landlord paid?

3. The landlord did not leave a phone, would you provide one if we take on the account?

4. His speed is about 7 MB/second, is this the maximum we can expect? I can provide the house address by private message if needed.

Thanks!
    Hi bored_newbie

A transfer of ownership does indeed begin a new contract - 12 months for non efibre and 18 months for efibre.

The monthly charge can stay the same if you wish however as you would be beginning a new contract you would be entitled to a discounted rate for the first 6 month.

A phone can be provided by eircom, you can rent a handset from ericom or purchase one.

I will be unable to confirm the maximum speed until I run tests on the line itself so if you would like to PM me the number I'll look in tot his.

For more details on prices, packages and handset prices please get in touch with our sales and accounts team via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow - you can also call them on free phone 1800503303

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement