Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone remove a clamp in Maynooth?

• 12-03-2015 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Hi I got clamped in the college for not having my sticker o display. can anyone remove the clamp?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm guessing the dude that put it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Con saw, battery grinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

The only clamps I'm any use at taking off are nipple ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

eeguy wrote: »
    Hi I got clamped in the college for not having my sticker o display. can anyone remove the clamp?

Careful they are crafty feckers out there. One of the lads cut one off two years ago. Drove off fine, no probs. Parked similar spot week later, two clamps on the car with some strange bar around the clamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It depends who put the clamp on. If it's the council you will get done for removing it. If it's a private clampers take it off no issues.

What kind of car is it, and what kind of clamp is it?

• Advertisement

some strange bar around the clamp.

Oxy acetylene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It's a private clamper. The usual big yellow clamp with a abus padlock and chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Careful they are crafty feckers out there. One of the lads cut one off two years ago. Drove off fine, no probs. Parked similar spot week later, two clamps on the car with some strange bar around the clamp.

The Blue Oyster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Blue Oyster?

Bahahaahaa. Took me a second to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

Quazzie wrote: »
    It depends who put the clamp on. If it's the council you will get done for removing it. If it's a private clampers take it off no issues.

Even if it is a private company, they can get you if you damage the clamp/lock, if I remember correctly. The trick is to get it off without damaging the clamp.

• Advertisement

I certainly could :)

But you could just own your error and learn from it. You know what you did wrong. Don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Vince086 wrote: »
    Even if it is a private company, they can get you if you damage the clamp/lock, if I remember correctly. The trick is to get it off without damaging the clamp.

Taking the wishbone off the car is they way to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are you a student? Be careful not to do anything that could land you in trouble with the college.

Miall108 wrote: »
    Taking the wishbone off the car is they way to do that

Engine and box out first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Vince086 wrote: »

They can try, but mostly fail.

The clamp is usually gotten off anyways so it's not usually an issue.

What car do you have OP. Some cars are easier than others.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hey OP,

I'd say your best bet would be to try Kildare, NUI Maynooth, or even Motors (there's a thread in motors from a few backs where a couple of people banded together to get a clamp of someone's car).

Just post in the one mind, posting in all three is spamming!

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement