Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock iphone

Options
  • 12-03-2015 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My gf lost her iphone last week and subsequently went through the process of getting phone locked and reporting it an Gardai for insurance purposes etc and now has a new phone.

However its turned up (found buried in a desk) today.

Can i get it unlocked in one of those chinese shops in Dublin?? I might use it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm sure fraud isn't looked on kindly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Nah its genuine.
    Thanks for the input though :)

If its genuine report the found phone to the insurance. Its there's to do with as they please.

Maybe Vodafone will unlock it actually. And give new phone back.
    Wasnt sure if the 'old' phone could be used if it was previously locked/blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Notify the insurance company

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

Don't think the insurance company will do anything about it if they've issued a replacement and theres no way around a barred phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    Don't think the insurance company will do anything about it if they've issued a replacement and theres no way around a barred phone.

They will want it. It's their property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Ignore the patronising comments from people of their high horses, I'm sure they've plenty of skeletons in their own little cupboards, people who respond like that usually do. I'm afraid there's not much you can do apart from contacting the insurance company, who'll probably be a lot more helpful than tripe you got above.

naasrd wrote: »
    Ignore the patronising comments from people of their high horses, I'm sure they've plenty of skeletons in their own little cupboards, people who respond like that usually do. I'm afraid there's not much you can do apart from contacting the insurance company, who'll probably be a lot more helpful than tripe you got above.

For all we know the OP found a barred phone. Not saying thats what happened, but its a real possibility that someone may use information given here for bad.

No good can come of a topic like this, ringing the insurance company is the only option for an honest way out.

In fairness i did say in the OP what happened.
    You chose to ignore it and let your mind stray.

You are right though, it wasnt something i should have opened a thread on.

• Advertisement

Can a Mod lock the thread please :)

oh no i believe you and what happened, you seem like a very decent person.

Its not something which can really be discussed on here, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Hello, question on unlocking an Iphone 4s locked to the vodaphone network.

I got the phone from a friend and locked to the Vodaphone network, and teh phone has not been topped up with over 1 tear. How do I unlock it ?

I called into a phone shop in Parnell street today they said they could unlock by putting a chip in with my sim card for 25 euro ? But I could not update software on the phone afterwards.. Is this my best option ?

This is driving me crazy at this stage. Its incredibly frustrating that it couldn't be done online even if im not a vodafone customer. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

harry999 wrote: »
    Hello, question on unlocking an Iphone 4s locked to the vodaphone network.

I got the phone from a friend and locked to the Vodaphone network, and teh phone has not been topped up with over 1 tear. How do I unlock it ?

I called into a phone shop in Parnell street today they said they could unlock by putting a chip in with my sim card for 25 euro ? But I could not update software on the phone afterwards.. Is this my best option ?

This is driving me crazy at this stage. Its incredibly frustrating that it couldn't be done online even if im not a vodafone customer. Thanks in advance for your help.

If the sim option did work (I think it’s called a R sim) then updating the phone wouldn’t be a problem since the 4s doesn’t get updates anymore from Apple.

Advertisement