Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the metalheads in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

Links is a lady ;)

Oops. Guess I automatically assume anyone interested in metal is a guy. XD

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, some people say I'm a teensie bit obsessed with Japan, but honestly I think the best metal these days is coming from Japan, all different styles. For Thrash you might wanna give Outrage a listen to ;)

I've tried a thousand times to get into thrash from nowadays. Gotta stick with my oldies, newer stuff just doesn't do it for me. :P

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Try some Death Angel, Overkill, Vio-lence.

Also some of my favourite bands like Crowbar, Down, Corrosion of Conformity, Sepultura, Orange Goblin and Machine Head.

Will do, sir. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

liamlw wrote: »
    I've tried a thousand times to get into thrash from nowadays. Gotta stick with my oldies, newer stuff just doesn't do it for me. :P
    Ah, I'm more into newer stuff myself ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, I'm more into newer stuff myself ;)

I used to be into newer stuff a while back. The older I got, the older the music I liked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Check out some Forbidden, Ghost Brigade, At the Gates.

also .. you can't go wrong with a bit of Cro-Mags
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That's your first mistake! Plenty of girls like metal, or at least some metal. Not as elusive as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

>_<;;

:P:P

Hang in there man, school is a pain the ar$e for everyone.

I think everyone in this forum will have an experience of feeling lonely or mocked for their interests throughout those years.

You'll make many friends throughout life; school, college, work, online, going to the pub :pac:

And I think we'll all be here for the chats anyway :)

Edit: In answer to your thread question, you'll meet the same faces and people at gigs. Conversation usually naturally happens and before ya know it, people do be asking when your next gig is and anyone decent playing in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Have you given Vektor a go? those guys are f****n awesome imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    hang in there dude, If/When you go to college things will be completely different

^ ^ this

When i was in school, in a smallish North Wales town, there were 3 of us into metal, everyone else just looked at us as wierdo's, fcuk i thought, it did get so much better after i left.
    One of them, Neil, i lost touch with after we finished school, then 12yrs later i was backstage at Dynamo festival in Holland, this guy walked past and i thought he looked familiar, a few hours later he walked past again, i called his name and it was him, funny as fcuk how we'd not seen each other in years then bumped into each other right outside Pantera's dressing room!!
    Still close mates now, he's now the DJ of the longest running indepenent rock show on UK airwaves http://www.starradioonline.com/shows/neiljones.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm your average thrash metal kid and I have no friends because there are no metalheads/rockers in my school or area. Can anyone suggest where I could find some?

Most of us emigrated when Metallica stopped playing every year

They say it was the economy, but I think that was just a cover story

Have you given Vektor a go? those guys are f****n awesome imo

They seem really good, I'll definitely check out more of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

You seem like a friendly guy! It won't take too long before you're meeting people left right and centre who share your interests, and as you get older people will be more tolerant and you'll make friends who aren't into metal too.

It's bloody tough when you're a teenager and you can't just go to stuff when you want. It gets easier when you have your own money and can come and go as you please. How old are you OP?

You seem like a friendly guy! It won't take too long before you're meeting people left right and centre who share your interests, and as you get older people will be more tolerant and you'll make friends who aren't into metal too.

It's bloody tough when you're a teenager and you can't just go to stuff when you want. It gets easier when you have your own money and can come and go as you please. How old are you OP?
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it :D. I'm just gone 15 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I think I was 16 or 17 before I found a bunch of rocker girls to hang out with. Even then, it took me a bit longer to make the kind of friends you have for a long time. It definitely gets easier! Don't rule out the forum thing either, I made loads of friends on forums when I was going to festivals alone and now I have a network of friends in the UK too!

I think I was 16 or 17 before I found a bunch of rocker girls to hang out with. Even then, it took me a bit longer to make the kind of friends you have for a long time. It definitely gets easier! Don't rule out the forum thing either, I made loads of friends on forums when I was going to festivals alone and now I have a network of friends in the UK too!

Yeah, I was thinking I could go to a few concerts and ask around online to see if anyone wants to go with me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

+1000 for Vektor. By far and away the best thrash band I've heard in recent years.

I have to echo what everyone else above said, go to gigs, post on forums etc. etc. Over time you should be able to figure out where all the metalheads are! I'm surprised that aren't any metalheads/rockers in your school, there should always be a few at least, even if they're well hidden! I myself never really looked like a metalhead at all, so maybe there's a few like meself about the place :P

The lads on metalireland are pretty knowledgeable about gigs and stuff too so it's definitely a valuable resource!

Advertisement