Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get deceased parent removed from the phone book?

Options
  • 12-03-2015 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

My mother died in 2009. After her death, her account was closed by the executor of her estate & her final bill was paid. Six years later, her account name, phone number and address is still being printed in the Eircom phone book year after year. This is very upsetting to her family.

I have called numerous times about having her details removed from the phone book. I keep getting pawned off by various Eircom staff refusing to believe that this could be even possible as the account is closed, to people telling me that they don't have a phone book to hand and they will look into it, to staff blaming the company that prints the phone books, to being told that a manager will ring me back. They never do. No one ever rings me back.

What can I do to get this resolved once and for all? Right now, I feel that Eircom just don't care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ProudDUB wrote: »
    My mother died in 2009. After her death, her account was closed by the executor of her estate & her final bill was paid. Six years later, her account name, phone number and address is still being printed in the Eircom phone book year after year. This is very upsetting to her family.

I have called numerous times about having her details removed from the phone book. I keep getting pawned off by various Eircom staff refusing to believe that this could be even possible as the account is closed, to people telling me that they don't have a phone book to hand and they will look into it, to staff blaming the company that prints the phone books, to being told that a manager will ring me back. They never do. No one ever rings me back.

What can I do to get this resolved once and for all? Right now, I feel that Eircom just don't care.
    Hi ProudDUB

I can understand how upsetting this is and apologise for the upset caused. I would like to assure you that I will look in to this further for you.

Please send me a private message including the old eircom land line number, address and your mothers name.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hi ProudDUB

I can understand how upsetting this is and apologise for the upset caused. I would like to assure you that I will look in to this further for you.

Please send me a private message including the old eircom land line number, address and your mothers name.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, PM sent.

Hi ProudDUB

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, PM sent.
    Thank you for the details,

I will update on on the progress I make on this and try to offer a full resolution as soon as possible

Al

It has been six weeks since I posted my original question to the Eircom rep here. I haven't heard a word back from him, despite his claim that he would keep me updated. I sent Alan all of the details of the issue, in a very detailed pm & still nothing.

I can't say that I am surprised really, given how bad the customer service was when I tried to get this dealt with over the phone. I wasn't expecting much when I posted here and, my low expectations have been met. Well done Eircom ! :mad:

It has been six weeks since I posted my original question to the Eircom rep here. I haven't heard a word back from him, despite his claim that he would keep me updated. I sent Alan all of the details of the issue, in a very detailed pm & still nothing.

I can't say that I am surprised really, given how bad the customer service was when I tried to get this dealt with over the phone. I wasn't expecting much when I posted here and, my low expectations have been met. Well done Eircom ! :mad:

Please accept my Sincerest apologies for my failure to update you on this ProudDUB

I can now confirm that your mothers previous phone number, name & address have been fully removed from the telephone directory - both on 11811 and for future prints of the telephone directory.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Bumping this thread to give a follow up update.

My new 2015/2016 Eircom phone directories were delivered this week. My deceased parents name and phone number and old address are still listed. Despite all the plamas and reassurances given above, this issue has still not been recified.

This really is a pathetic on behalf of Eircom and the Eircom rep on here. If you couldn't be bothered dealing with something, just say so. Don't lie to me.

My new 2015/2016 Eircom phone directories were delivered this week. My deceased parents name and phone number and old address are still listed. Despite all the plamas and reassurances given above, this issue has still not been recified.

This really is a pathetic on behalf of Eircom and the Eircom rep on here. If you couldn't be bothered dealing with something, just say so. Don't lie to me.
    Hi ProudDUB

I did indeed request that the number be removed. I understand that this is a sensitive issue and I would like to convey my sincere apologies - I will request clarification on how this happened and how to prevent this occurring again.

Al

Hi ProudDUB

I did indeed request that the number be removed. I understand that this is a sensitive issue and I would like to convey my sincere apologies - I will request clarification on how this happened and how to prevent this occurring again.

Al
    Well, lets just say that I will believe it when I see it.

Advertisement