Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat returns home after cremation

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I was hoping the article would reveal how the cat returned home after it's owners cremation and proceeded to take over the house !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Not the same story as this one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94040745

but here is another cat coming back home after his owners believed him dead and had him cremated

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2987882/The-cat-came-Couple-dead-pet-cremated-believing-belonged-real-thing-turns-alive-well.html

Freaking! eek.png

Off topic, I wonder what kind of water the couple give to their cat. The bowl in the picture is green with algae!

My tap water creates a green rim in the cats bowl. Is this an issue? I do notice that the prefer to drink rain water outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

My tap water creates a green rim in the cats bowl. Is this an issue? I do notice that the prefer to drink rain water outside.

Yeah, cats prefer rain water or dirty water rather than clean tap water. The bowl in the photo seems that hasn't been washed in years!
    I think that as long as the water doesn't contain contaminants of poisonous elements is good to give to pets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Our cats have an outside water bowl that's often full of leaves and also goes a bit green in the summer. They don't seem too bothered by it to be honest and prefer it to tap water in their indoor bowls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It was a waste of time giving my cats nice clean water in their nice clean bowls to drink!

One of my cats used to drink from the bathroom tap. I had to make sure the hot water was off. He would hop on the bath, delicately balance himself and yell for me to turn on the tap. The girl would go outside and drink from the puddles. The last boy preferred the dog's bowl later on in life. I suppose he drank from puddles too, since I never saw him drink from his bowl. It was only towards the end of his life I saw him drink from a bowl. Usually the dog's. I'm sure it was a control thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Alun wrote: »
    Our cats have an outside water bowl that's often full of leaves and also goes a bit green in the summer. They don't seem too bothered by it to be honest and prefer it to tap water in their indoor bowls.

Tap water, especially when it comes from a main pipe, is treated with some chemicals. Though they might be just some hints of chemicals, the cats' smell can still sense this presence which puts them off.

Advertisement