Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fog Lights and the Motors Forum

Options
  • 12-03-2015 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Since the Motors section has decided not to allow discussions on the use of Fog Lights, can someone suggest where it can be discussed?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Weather forum.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

commuting and transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I take it the fog light thing is something that gets re-hashed over and over on the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The Nissan Micra drivers forum, it's mandatory to use them if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ranting & Raving is a great spot for it, it's more get it off your chest than a discussion though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

who are the R&R mods at the moment, I need access back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Fluorescence

Grand_Rajnah

Overheal

There you go :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I can only assumed it's been discussed to death already.

Just read the previous threads to see everything that ever needed to be been said on the matter, and more besides.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You called??

I'll look after you now :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Ranting & Raving is a great spot for it, it's more get it off your chest than a discussion though.

Would slot in nicely to the Motors mega rant thread - you'll feel a lot better afterwards but yeah, there won't be any discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OSI wrote: »
    It's the "Why are cyclists always running red lights" of the Motors forum.

OP, for everyones sanity, don't discuss it anywhere. Ever.
    We've dealt with "helmets", "hi viz", "Bike to Work scheme" etc. by setting up Megathreads linked from a FAQ/popular thread sticky. Anyone posting about these topics is required to use the megathread and any new thread will be closed or moved. That way anyone who is sick to the back teeth of the topic coming up again and again can steer clear, and anyone who really wants to understand the frustration caused by re-hashing the same old arguments again can wade through thousands of posts first if they so desire

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume this sums up any previuos threads on the matter?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A former mod of the Cycling forum set up a thread called "Tedious Bickering". Any time a flame war broke out he simply moved all the sniping into this thread and let the participants have at it over there while leaving everyone else in peace.

It was remarkably effective and I often consider reviving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What did you want to say about them?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

A former mod of the Cycling forum set up a thread called "Tedious Bickering". Any time a flame war broke out he simply moved all the sniping into this thread and let the participants have at it over there while leaving everyone else in peace.

It was remarkably effective and I often consider reviving it.

That's genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That's genius!

I'm afraid not. It tends to, er.. "snowball" :o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm afraid not. It tends to, er.. "snowball" :o
    That particular thread turned into one of the most entertaining ever in the forum. We ended up with someone throwing down a gauntlet with a race to settle things. The guy with a fancy road bike and all the gear managed to get lost and the one on the cumbersome Mountain Bike took the honours. Always wondered what happened to that el tonto guy....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Beasty wrote: »
    That particular thread turned into one of the most entertaining ever in the forum. We ended up with someone throwing down a gauntlet with a race to settle things. The guy with a fancy road bike and all the gear managed to get lost and the one on the cumbersome Mountain Bike took the honours. Always wondered what happened to that el tonto guy....:pac:

Better not implement it into the shooting or hunting forums. Either pistols at dawn or hunting the most dangerous game of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Beasty wrote: »
    We've dealt with "helmets", "hi viz", "Bike to Work scheme" etc. by setting up Megathreads linked from a FAQ/popular thread sticky. Anyone posting about these topics is required to use the megathread and any new thread will be closed or moved. That way anyone who is sick to the back teeth of the topic coming up again and again can steer clear, and anyone who really wants to understand the frustration caused by re-hashing the same old arguments again can wade through thousands of posts first if they so desire

That's the progressive way of dealing with it.

The ban on topics within motors has always struck be as a lazy reaction IMO.

"Discussing fog lights heats up in discussion so we'll just bury our heads in the sand over here and pretend that they don't exist. "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

MugMugs wrote: »
    That's the progressive way of dealing with it.

The ban on topics within motors has always struck be as a lazy reaction IMO.

"Discussing fog lights heats up in discussion so we'll just bury our heads in the sand over here and pretend that they don't exist. "

What's there to discuss about them though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement