Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Beer

Options
  • 12-03-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering does anyone know if a licence is needed to give out a free beer not looking to sell just give out one free to a customer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Does the free drink require a purchase of anything at all? I would have thought you wouldn't need anything otherwise you would probably need one if you were having a party and supplying the drink or even if you bought a drink and gave it a friend etc. I think in cases like this always best to check with the Revenue just to be on the safe side no point taking any risks and they are normally pretty easy to get hold of on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Yes technically they would be paying for a service, but the free drink will be before this service so its not like they will be leaving the premises after with the drink, any idea who to contact in the revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If they have to buy something to be eligible for the drink then I think you may have problems. Ring and ask for licensing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Plenty of barbers do it in Dublin city centre, I doubt they have any sort of liquor licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Hey, I',m just wondering if you ever found out if there's any licences needed for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement