Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House Costs and Contract?

Options
  • 12-03-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,

I am moving house in the next month. Can I ask what is the process of moving my account from one address to another? Is there a cost involved and does this effect my contract?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Guybrush Threepwood,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Moving address is a standard procedure and there is no cost, nor does it affect a customer's price-plan contract (switching supplier would, but not moving address).

The steps to take for moving out are as follows:
    - On your last day at your current premises, take note of a meter-reading (or readings, whichever is applicable) so that you are billed for usage only up to this point.
    - Contact us when you can (it does not have to be the same day if you are too busy, the main thing though is to have the final meter-reading noted); do so here on Boards.ie by private message if you wish.
    - We will also require the name and telephone number of a contact for continuation of supply to this property, if needs be (usually a landlord/lady or letting agent, but new or remaining tenant would be fine also).
    - Confirmation of a forwarding address for your final bill (which in this case would presumably be the new address you are moving to).

For moving in (less steps here!):
    Take a meter-reading on your first day and contact us with it and the address and the property's electricity MPRN (meter point reference number)/GPRN for gas if applicable; the MPRN/GPRN is only on a written document like a bill or letter, and landlords/letting agents would have it. If you cannot obtain it though, confirm the serial number on the meter to us instead.

If contacting us on Boards for these processes, please also confirm your Electric Ireland account number, your name in full, and your telephone number.

If you are availing of discounts, it would be advisable to speak with Sales also after the above is completed, so that they can update this on their system.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement