Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"House move" companies in Cork?

Options
  • 12-03-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for recommendations on removal companies for house moves in Cork. I'd do it myself but there are one are two large pieces of furniture that I'd need a big van for and need a second person to help move it.

Any ideas of prices for a few round trips (going from city to Ballincollig)?

Cheers,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure would the lads down on centre park do it, the second hand store..You could always ring them and ask I am sure they would be able to recommend someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Have a look on adverts and done deal for white van man. There used to be plenty on there but how reliable they are i dont know. With adverts theres a feedback system tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Try Aaltonen. At least they're fully insured in case of damages/loss, rather than 'yer man with a van'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Nat Ross would be another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Theres a small lorry thats always around turners cross. I think their called Irish Removals..or something close to that if you google it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking for recommendations on removal companies for house moves in Cork. I'd do it myself but there are one are two large pieces of furniture that I'd need a big van for and need a second person to help move it.

Any ideas of prices for a few round trips (going from city to Ballincollig)?

Cheers,
    Bacchus

I got a big van for cheap from enterprise(Kinsale road roundabout). Got the buddy to help me. We moved the whole house in about 2 days. (50 euro for the extra man for a day). The trick is to get the house prepacked into boxes before you move. That's what takes the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thanks for the replies guys. There's a few options there anyway :)

Advertisement