Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes taskbar icon opening in second window. Win 8.

Options
  • 12-03-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Got a little bit of an annoying thing happening with iTunes. I recently upgraded to the latest iTunes version.

I've pinned a shortcut to the taskbar and everytime I open it, either via the taskbar shortcut, desktop shortcut, search function or even via the .exe in the programs folder, iTunes open is a window that is completely separate from the shortcut on the taskbar. Normally the shortcut icon opens up to a window icon with the open program. I've even tried pinning it to the taskbar via all of the above locations and it still does the same.

When I pin the opened iTunes window to the taskbar and close it afterwards, the icon turns into a blank page and then when I try to open iTunes from that blank page I get a warning about it Windows not being able to find the program and to make sure I typed it correctly.

It's always been kind of weird with iTunes. I remember having to always delete the old shortcut from the taskbar when I upgraded it as it would never work after the upgrade.

Anyone got any help? It seems to be a common problem but no one out there seems to be able to solve my particular spin on it.

Advertisement