Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary private tuition

• 12-03-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am looking for a private teacher for 6 weeks between mid-April until end of May for my 8-year old son as we are waiting for a space in his school, we are moving to Ireland just after Easter. Does anyone know where I can find this, most private tuition I can find is evening or week-end time but I would be looking for about 4 hours Mo-Fri daytime. I want to avoid putting him into one school and possibly having to move again after the summer.

Thanks for anyone who can point me in the right direction. We will be in Co. Wicklow area, ideally someone who comes to the house or we could possibly travel into Dublin if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

There's a service run via educationposts.ie called TextaSub. School principals can send out a text to qualified, Teaching Council registered teachers who have signed up to get alerts about teaching opportunities. I've only ever seen home tuition come up on it once, but it could be worth looking into.
    You could also put up an ad in the training colleges: St. Pat's, Marino and Froebel. Qualified people doing part-time courses there may be happy for the extra few hours' work. Or contact the Students' Unions in the colleges. Possibly contact Hibernia as well, they may have a way of contacting alumni who are looking for work.
    Or ask the principal of the school your son is going to if they have a regular substitute teacher, he/ she could pass your number on to the subs and they could decide for themselves if the regular hours for a while would be better than the uncertainty of subbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

I am looking for a private teacher for 6 weeks between mid-April until end of May for my 8-year old son as we are waiting for a space in his school, we are moving to Ireland just after Easter. Does anyone know where I can find this, most private tuition I can find is evening or week-end time but I would be looking for about 4 hours Mo-Fri daytime. I want to avoid putting him into one school and possibly having to move again after the summer.

Thanks for anyone who can point me in the right direction. We will be in Co. Wicklow area, ideally someone who comes to the house or we could possibly travel into Dublin if necessary.

We are in a similar position. Is home educating an option for a few weeks? You could run a fun and educational project over that time. Perhaps something about Ireland, seeing as your son will be new to the country.

Possibly an Irish language tutor would be handy if you don't have the language skills.

Advertisement