Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-Cigg For Elderly Person

• 12-03-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. My mother is looking for a decent e-cigg. I'm a vaper myself but it's just going to be too firnikity for her. Is there an e-cigg out there that can give a similar or close to experience to a decent vaper set up?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Itazte vv with a iclear 16 should do the trick, I spent a year with provari's and all sorts of mods with tanks but now my daily (stress free) vape is the itazte.

Edit: I find using vmist juice does not burn out coils so the clearomiser lasts weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I was going to suggest an itaste vv 3.0 too, they're a bit overpriced though at 29 euro from irish vendors. I have one you could have for 10 euro plus the postage which will probably be 4.40 if you want.

Edit: I was just looking at my itaste, and to be honest there's really not much difference in operation between it and the istick 30, except it's not as good. So, if you think she wouldn't be able to handle an istick the itaste would be no good either and your best bet would be some kind of twist ego battery.

Cheers lads.

Appreciate if either of you could post a link for this.

Not interested in a used unit but thanks for the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I can't find it in stock anywhere except Fasttech which you'll be looking at a months wait for. I did find this which as it's a twist system should be easier to work with.

http://ecigarettesworld.ie/ecig-accessories/654-innokin-itaste-clk-800mah-battery.html

Cheaper too. I haven't actually used one of them but I can't see any reason why that would be an inferior choice for you to the itaste because your ma isn't likely to care that it's not variable wattage in the slightest.

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's battery only.

What I'm actually looking for recommendations on is a good cartridge set up that will give a similar experience to vaping without the hassle of vaping if that makes sense.

The mother is too old to be changing coils and filling and cleaning tanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

If you're around to change the heads then perhaps a Kanger and Ego type setup.

To be honest I havent used clearos or egos in about 3 years so there are probably better variations on the market now.

I don't want a vape set up at all thanks. I'm looking for a simple battery & cartridge set.

However what I'm asking is is there anything better on offer than the convenience store kits?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I don't want a vape set up at all thanks. I'm looking for a simple battery & cartridge set.

However what I'm asking is is there anything better on offer than the convenience store kits?

My AIO kit is still going strong its the kit I always used to recommend to those who didn't want a tank setup.

My AIO kit is still going strong its the kit I always used to recommend to those who didn't want a tank setup.

Yeah, that's more like it. A cartomiser I should have said.

The mother has tried the disposable ones and doesn't find them much good. How do these compare and where did you get it?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's more like it. A cartomiser I should have said.

The mother has tried the disposable ones and doesn't find them much good. How do these compare and where did you get it?

TBH I'm not sure how they compare to newer kits now,I got mine 2 years or so ago from e-smokeireland. Regardless of new technology now they still work a treat.

Thanks CS.

Any other suggestions lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The new blu kits are meant to be good. The cartridges will be expensive though.

http://m.blucigs.co.uk/kits/premium-offer

Much like with vaping I'm presuming it's the cartridge that makes the difference with these. If for example I got her a VIP Cartomiser starter kit would other cartridges fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Much like with vaping I'm presuming it's the cartridge that makes the difference with these. If for example I got her a VIP Cartomiser starter kit would other cartridges fit?

Nope. Only VIP or Nicocig cartomizers fit the VIP battery.

Tbh, if she's a heavy smoker, or smokes anything stronger than Silk cut blue, the cigalikes won't help much. She'll need three batteries minimum, which will end up working out as more expensive than a decent kit! If she's a 20 a day smoker, she'll need a pack of filters every 5 days (so, 30 quid every ten days). Batteries need replacing every 3 months (12 euro each).

Genuinely, she'd be a lot better off with a decent, easy to fill clearo + battery combo.

Advertisement