Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic IP Question

Options
  • 12-03-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hiya, I have eircom fibre router (1000 model I think) and configured duckdns domain to map to a machine on my home networking (for an IP security camera) and used port forwarding.

this all works until I reboot the machine with the cameras attached as the ip address changes - am I able on this kind of lan to just manually fix the IP of the machine ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Shouldn't you map to the IP of the camera rather than a computer ? Give the camera a fixed IP and port to that.

To access the camera from your home computer just provide the IP address you assigned it. Pick an IP for the camera up above the DHCP range of the router or preferably configure a narrower DHCP range on the router and assign an IP to the camera outside of this range.

Ken

Advertisement