Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam company

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP have you received any money or anything of value from them? My understanding of contract law, is that their needs to be consideration. Which is both parties need to exchange something of value eg your time and their money. If they didnt pay you. No contract as such stands and therefore their NDA probably isnt enforceable, as they didnt give you anything

Need to get a good solicitor to deal with this. A few people on boards wont get you your money

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Don't call to them.
    Go to a solicitor- do everything the right way.
    If the company has contracts with the National Museum,the OPW and the Irish Civil Service (which they do- I've been on some of their courses)- I imagine they might just bite the bullet and pay you your due money and all costs- as the negative publicity would torpedo their business model. They are actively tendering for civil service training courses at the moment- and conduct them for a number of different government Departments on an ongoing basis. If they ended up with a court judgement against them- this low lying fruit would be history.

Do the whole lot officially. Research a solicitor from there and make contact with them. Outline your case. Organise to meetup with them. Come over and go through everything formally- give them all the paper work. You will have to pay for an initial consultation- accept it- given the amount involved- its money well spent- if there is a reasonable expectation of a settlement with the company.

Do everything above board- no more of this ringing them, sending them letters yourself etc- do it properly this time.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Hi Kristopherus, they basically stop taking my calls and replying to my emails. I did use a different number to call them too but as soon as they realise it is me, they just hang up.

They are an old couple, but they have a few more of their family involved but none of them are talking to us at this point.

Debt collection is an art. You are in this position because you were both foolish and naive.
    The art would be to "threaten" in writing, delivered by registered post to go to their major clients. If you go legal, that system just kick the can down the road for months and years and they know that. See Brian O'Donnell for a prime example!
    My bet is that they will pay up out of fear of damage to their business. While actually doing it could leave you open to very serious damages if they sued you, they would have to do so in portugal and their costs would be many times greater than paying you up to date. you may have nothing to pay if they won, and their business could be destroyed. Fear and self preservation are the two strongest human instincts, use 'em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Tow

Once published in StubbsGazette they can say good by to their government contracts.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement