Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor in Lucan for House Purchase

Options
  • 12-03-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Lucan area for house Purchase.

Also some information on how much would be the charges.. if thats the standard items he will be doing.. TBh I dont know what all is involved as I am a FTB.
    hopefully would be going sale agreed for one of the properties if not outbid.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Please give any recommendations via pm, not on thread.

OP, please take any recommendations here with pinch of salt, being the internet there is not way to verify if they are genuine - please seek recommendations from your family & friends also.

Morri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Lucan area for house Purchase.

Also some information on how much would be the charges.. if thats the standard items he will be doing.. TBh I dont know what all is involved as I am a FTB.
    hopefully would be going sale agreed for one of the properties if not outbid.

Thanks in advance

Look for a fixed fee but bear in mind the fee will likely be Ex vat. The solicitor may also charge for undertakings to the bank and a fee in relation to correspondence. A good guide (IMHO) all in is about €1400 ex vat all in + Outlays (see below).

You'll also have to pay outlays, these could be significant, running into four figures easily.

Don't forget your stamp duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Look for a fixed fee but bear in mind the fee will likely be Ex vat. The solicitor may also charge for undertakings to the bank and a fee in relation to correspondence. A good guide (IMHO) all in is about €1400 ex vat all in + Outlays (see below).

You'll also have to pay outlays, these could be significant, running into four figures easily.

Don't forget your stamp duty.

Thanks, I definitely need to do more research to understand the cost.

If possible, could you pls expand what exactly the outlays include.
    I was thinking of additional cost only as
    - Solicitor fees- 1500 ( will try to get a fixed fee)
    - Valuation of property
    - Stamp duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Thanks, I definitely need to do more research to understand the cost.

If possible, could you pls expand what exactly the outlays include.
    I was thinking of additional cost only as
    - Solicitor fees- 1500 ( will try to get a fixed fee)
    - Valuation of property
    - Stamp duty

Outlays are anything the solicitor has to pay in order to complete the sale. Land registry fees were the biggest issue in my case c.€900.

I've seen people get the professional fee for as low as €850+VAT. €1500 for the profession fee is loads but bear in mind the outlays. You probably need to budget €2500 to be safe for legal fees.

Outlays are anything the solicitor has to pay in order to complete the sale. Land registry fees were the biggest issue in my case c.€900.

I've seen people get the professional fee for as low as €850+VAT. €1500 for the profession fee is loads but bear in mind the outlays. You probably need to budget €2500 to be safe for legal fees.

Thanks Mark,
    so land registry is something u always pay for while buying a house.?
    having a quick look at prai webiste. it would be coming around 700 in my case, for the range I am looking for.
    Can you pm me your solicitor details. Want to phone a few this week or next , and shortlist.

No good houses in the market sadly..

• Advertisement

Hi All, close to finalising the property now. Does anyone know of any good solicitor near Stillorgan/Blackrock?

PLS PM me.

Advertisement