Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-Fiber Role out Millstreet Cork

• 12-03-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi Eircom , 

Can you give the status of role out of E-Fiber for millstreet cork, when i do an address look up , it said it to in the role out, but when I do a map view , it said June 2015

Can you let me whats the latests  and what is correct?

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eircom , 

Can you give the status of role out of E-Fiber for millstreet cork, when i do an address look up , it said it to in the role out, but when I do a map view , it said June 2015

Can you let me whats the latests  and what is correct?

Thanks 
    Hi roadrunnermick

Do you have a land line number I can check for you?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi Al ,

I am receiving broadband from a WISP at the moment , The address is  church street millstreet, Cork 

Map on eircom web sais June , address look  up , advise no plans to offer e-fiber in this area 

Thanks 

Bump ?

Hi roadrunnermick

Thanks
    Al
    Alan a reply to this query would be greatly appreciated
    It's pretty straight forword , your Map said rollout June of fiber , any local business telephone number I input in , shows no plans to offer fiber

Can you please let me know if you plan to offer fiber and if so what's the estimate

Hi roadrunnermick

Thanks
    Al
    Alan a reply to this query would be greatly appreciated
    It's pretty straight forword , your Map said rollout June of fiber , any local business telephone number I input in , shows no plans to offer fiber

Can you please let me know if you plan to offer fiber and if so what's the estimate

Hi roadrunnermick

My sincere apologise for the delays, I've been waiting for efibre operations to clarify the position of efibre in Millstreet,

I have had clarification that a specific date is not yet planned for efibre launch in Millstreet however indications suggest that it is more than likely going to be in June.

Ultimately all dates for efibre launch are provisional as plans can be affected by a number of things however efibre operations have advised that it should not extend beyond June.

Again I'm sorry for the delays and hope this information helps

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sgranville

Hi Alan,

On this topic, Like Mick here I am also wondering about the accuracy of the fibre map. I understand this is for guidance but I have yet to see any update on a  rollout in Dingle, Co. Kerry. This exchange was due to be enabled this time last year if note before but ala as we are still waiting. I changed back to eircom at the time after receiving a call from your win back team and their sales pitch was that e fibre would be averrable by the latest May 2014.

Why would your sales team use this as a sales attic knowing full well that that this was not going to be an eventuality. I went though months of issues as the exchange was well over subscribed and still in March 2015 we are awaiting fibre. During the last 12 months I have received two separate emails stating e fibre was bring rolled out soon and to contact you only to be told these emails were sent in error. This is a testament to the very poor customer service I have received from both technical support.

The eventual solution was to lodge a formal complaint via ComReg and would you believe it after this my congestion issue was investigated and resolved. 

sgranville wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

On this topic, Like Mick here I am also wondering about the accuracy of the fibre map. I understand this is for guidance but I have yet to see any update on a  rollout in Dingle, Co. Kerry. This exchange was due to be enabled this time last year if note before but ala as we are still waiting. I changed back to eircom at the time after receiving a call from your win back team and their sales pitch was that e fibre would be averrable by the latest May 2014.

Why would your sales team use this as a sales attic knowing full well that that this was not going to be an eventuality. I went though months of issues as the exchange was well over subscribed and still in March 2015 we are awaiting fibre. During the last 12 months I have received two separate emails stating e fibre was bring rolled out soon and to contact you only to be told these emails were sent in error. This is a testament to the very poor customer service I have received from both technical support.

The eventual solution was to lodge a formal complaint via ComReg and would you believe it after this my congestion issue was investigated and resolved. 
    Hi sgranville

I can certainly undertand and empathise with any disappointment or frustration felt after being advised that efibre would be available last May'14. At no point should you have been guaranteed efibre as plans will always be subject to change and in some cases delays.

The good news that I can offer you is that the provisional ragtime for efibre to go live in Dingle is towards June this year however I would liek to be transparent in advising I cannot rule out changes or delays (although none are foreseen right now). Not all lines in Dingle will be able to avail of efibre when it launches but a lot will. I think you might find the following Map very insightful in terms of efibre planning:

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on NGA fibre broadband network - choose Kerry and click on "All")

I understand your above post is a testament to the very poor service you have received so far but if there is anything I could help with in future please do feel free to get back to me.

Cheers
    Al

Last question , with the current exchange in Millstreet , can the exchange support a constant 1meg upload on any line that is provisioned ?

Last question , with the current exchange in Millstreet , can the exchange support a constant 1meg upload on any line that is provisioned ?
    Hi roadrunnermick

The max upload speed is up to 768Kbps with residential packages. Business accounts can get more upload I believe, if you want to find out more about upload speeds offered on business broadband subscriptions please contact business sales on free phone 1800203204 or 1800601701

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mouldymould

I have had clarification that a specific date is not yet planned for efibre launch in Millstreet however indications suggest that it is more than likely going to be in June.

Ultimately all dates for efibre launch are provisional as plans can be affected by a number of things however efibre operations have advised that it should not extend beyond June.
    Hi Alan, is there any more information on the rollout for Millstreet?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, is there any more information on the rollout for Millstreet?
    Hi mouldymould

The most accurate information can be found on this map: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - Click on NGA Fibre broadband network

The blue icon for the cabinet MST1_E01 shows works are nearly completed but a launch date is not agreed yet - should have an update in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

The Orange Icons mean that the cabinets need a lot more work and we should have more information on them within the next 4 to 6 months.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mouldymould

The blue icon for the cabinet MST1_E01 shows works are nearly completed but a launch date is not agreed yet - should have an update in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

The Orange Icons mean that the cabinets need a lot more work and we should have more information on them within the next 4 to 6 months.
    Hi, thanks for the info. Can you tell me about the orange cabinets, will they need to be completed before fibre is fully rolled out in the town, or will the MST1_E01 cabinet cover the entire town?

Hi, thanks for the info. Can you tell me about the orange cabinets, will they need to be completed before fibre is fully rolled out in the town, or will the MST1_E01 cabinet cover the entire town?

No problem mouldymould

MST1_E01 will not cover the entire town - it will only cover lines connected to it (within a 2km distance)

This is the same with all the cabinets - they only offer efIbre to the lines that are connected to them.

Not all lines will be able to avail of eFibre so to say fully rolled out to the town would be technically inacurate - fully launched in the town would be more apt,

Feel free to PM me your land line number - as I can check what cabinet your line is connected to (If you are an eircom customer)

Cheers
    Al

No problem mouldymould

MST1_E01 will not cover the entire town - it will only cover lines connected to it (within a 2km distance)

This is the same with all the cabinets - they only offer efIbre to the lines that are connected to them.

Not all lines will be able to avail of eFibre so to say fully rolled out to the town would be technically inacurate - fully launched in the town would be more apt,

Feel free to PM me your land line number - as I can check what cabinet your line is connected to (If you are an eircom customer)

Cheers
    Al

Hi Eircom ,

Millstreet appears to be pushed back to Autumn again

I find it strange your contractors have not being seen in this area, yet you are putting up wild estimates on the website that are kept pushing it back

I understand delays happen but this keeps being pushed back to the next quarter of ever year

Any input here would be appreciated in terms what this delay is and when are we are realistic looking at at rolling out this

Regards

M

No problem mouldymould

Cheers
    Al

Hi Eircom ,

Millstreet appears to be pushed back to Autumn again

I find it strange your contractors have not being seen in this area, yet you are putting up wild estimates on the website that are kept pushing it back

I understand delays happen but this keeps being pushed back to the next quarter of ever year

Any input here would be appreciated in terms what this delay is and when are we are  realistic looking at at rolling out this

Regards

M
    Hi roadrunnermick

Unfortunately we will be unable to offer the reasons for delays as this is ultimately private infrastructural planning details not available to the public however I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the negative affect the delays have created for your. It is hoped that Deployment will be complete by December although evidently from the previous accounts, delays can occur and a time frame cannot be guaranteed.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement