Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 13-14, 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm pretty confident that we can beat Galway tomorrow. 6 goals in the last 2 games with 2 clean sheets is a decent start by anybody's standards.

A nice quick start like we did against Limerick would be nice. We really need to improve our home form this season. Been disastrous over the last couple of seasons and these are the type of games we should be beating if we're to push forward that little bit extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not going to expect anything from Pats tomorrow. Just know that I hope the finishing improves, can't miss the chances they missed against Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Expect a good win tomorrow night 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

No idea what to expect from cabinteely tomorrow, but first home game of the year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Missing UCD away tomorrow, we're missing a good few through injury and a few with a bug hitting the team during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't wait to get back to watching live football again, helped by the arrival of the champions at the Brandywell.

Would take a draw now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't wait to get back to watching live football again, helped by the arrival of the champions at the Brandywell.

Would take a draw now.

I'll be up for the match ;) Seen earlier that you's have a few doubtful starters with Doherty the outstanding one.(http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/derry-city/derry-city-doherty-doubtful-for-dundalk-game-1-6629920 )
    Who's his deputy and whats his form like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Looking forward to heading to this. Love Saturday games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Would take a draw now.

Good crowd from the town coming up, 2 big buses and 4 mini buses (15-20 seaters) that I know off plus the usuals who drive...we should have 250ish

Love away games and even better love Free Derry, always great craic with your fans before the game in the pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Any thread for the irish league? Also any sure tips for tonight in the LoI? More of a Cliftonville supporter these days but hope dcfc hammer dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    Any thread for the irish league? Also any sure tips for tonight in the LoI? More of a Cliftonville supporter these days but hope dcfc hammer dundalk

They won't :(

Betting on LOI is a great way to lose money tbh so i wouldn't nother.

Lovely day in Cork, so expect a solid 4500 at The Cross later. Should be a comfortable enough win as well Id imagine.

Say we will bring a load to Longford tomorrow..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hard to believe it is eight years since Rovers were in Flancare Park...hopefully not lashing rain like it was then..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »
    Hard to believe it is eight years since Rovers were in Flancare Park...hopefully not lashing rain like it was then..

Raining in Longford
    It's always raining in Longford
    Raining in Longford

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Benson and McMillan still out. Langtry suspended so it should be an interesting game with Shels missing so many as well. Seems like an eternity since I was at a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bohs gone 1-0 up... Been a while since ive had to queue to get into dalyer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

2-0 anto again for the bohs.

**** it, just give us the trophy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Bohs on top. Drogheda in 2nd.
    Who would've thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Don't think we're going to see too many clean sheets under Heary.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Comfortable altho Bray missed a few sitters, we are back smexy football and dodgy defending.

Cyril looks ummm well he got 5 minutes and won 2 throws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great crowd at the cross tonight and result. Limerick are really bad though not a single decent attempt on goal.

Good start to home campaign.

Healy and Sheppard were terrific.

But Limerick were brutal. I don't think we will see worse display at the Cross from away team all season. Holohan goal is contender for Goal of Weekend.

Good crowd, missed the official attendence, but reckon 4500 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Decent win for us up in Derry. We used to struggle up in the Brandywell but that's five or six games unbeaten against them up there now.

Was at the Drogs match and if someone told me at half time that Sligo would lose that game I would have told them to cop on. Sligo were much the better team first half and it was men against boys for the most part.

Fair play to Drogs though they were much better second half. Thornton and Brady began to win the midfield battle and they scored two decent goals to win the game. Ledwith's crossing for Sligo was abysmal. Four times he put the ball behind for a goal kick when under no pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Good start to home campaign.

Healy and Sheppard were terrific.

But Limerick were brutal. I don't think we will see worse display at the Cross from away team all season. Holohan goal is contender for Goal of Weekend.

Good crowd, missed the official attendence, but reckon 4500 or thereabouts.

4800 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

love beating UCD, never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Dundalk fans buses windows smashed up in Derry.This kind of thing has been going on tooooo long up there!!

CAAvmHmWgAEjpfF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dundalk fans buses windows smashed up in Derry.This kind of thing has been going on tooooo long up there!!

CAAvmHmWgAEjpfF.jpg
    Really is the most hassle of any away trip.

Pretty dire game at the Bowl. Neither team have a decent finisher. Shels were a bit less sh*t at defending corners which is what won it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness to Derry, it's scrotes who have no intention of going to the Brandywell but would definitely put you off going up there.

Great win for us. Has Craig Walsh been this good over the years? Has been class in all 4 games I've seen him play for us.

Pretty dire game at the Bowl. Neither team have a decent finisher. Shels were a bit less sh*t at defending corners which is what won it for them.
    We have Philly Hughes, just wasn't available to start today. Will score goals though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »
    Great win for us. Has Craig Walsh been this good over the years? Has been class in all 4 games I've seen him play for us.

I really do rate him when he's given a free role. Intelligent on the field and technically very good. Think he should have got more of a run out at Bohs.

Limerick look destined for the Graveyard next year already.

dfx- wrote: »

I thought we had a cup game there since then or am I getting mixed up? We definitely played a friendly there early in the Tallaght era.
    Sheppard were terrific.

Gonna miss him. Great player, Not prolific but scores important goals, works hard and good attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

and so ends cabinteelys good start
    phew!

in fairness they tried to play some ball which was more than Shams B attempted, they are liable to take a battering somewhere i fear but will spring a few more surprises along the road too.

• Advertisement

Brilliant player. Scored a cracker for us against you two years ago. Very surprised to see him in the first division.

Brilliant player. Scored a cracker for us against you two years ago. Very surprised to see him in the first division.

I remember that goal. Class goal. Motm tonight iMO

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

8 goals in 7 days, we're fúcking flying :cool:

That said, 5 of them were form set pieces :pac:

Poor enough game at Dalymount really, 2 good corners won it for us.

If we can make it 9 points from 9 next week against Bray it'll set us up nicely for going into the tougher fixtures.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Felt sorry for Limerick after watching that. Going to really struggle to pick up many points I think. 5-0 and we didn't play great or anything. Much more questions will be asked against better opposition. Love Sheppard's attitude, whether he's given **** balls or great balls the effort is the same. Hard to take much from tha match but good the chances were put away. Will be interested to see how Miller and Healy do against less standoff-ish and more quality midfields, I have slight doubts but will wait and see about that.

Great to have Benno back too, he looks in great shape and was commanding as ever.

anncoates wrote: »

Gonna miss him. Great player, Not prolific but scores important goals, works hard and good attitude.

Worked his socks off tonight. Made some great runs with the ball and without . A player we could have done with last season along with Holohan.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Felt sorry for Limerick after watching that. Going to really struggle to pick up many points I think. 5-0 and we didn't play great or anything. Much more questions will be asked against better opposition. Love Sheppard's attitude, whether he's given **** balls or great balls the effort is the same. Hard to take much from tha match but good the chances were put away. Will be interested to see how Miller and Healy do against less standoff-ish and more quality midfields, I have slight doubts but will wait and see about that.

Great to have Benno back too, he looks in great shape and was commanding as ever.

As it was so one sided its maybe unfair a little to pick on this but I thought Miller was quite enough. Wasted a lot of ball. Healy was terrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pighead wrote: »
    Decent win for us up in Derry. We used to struggle up in the Brandywell but that's five or six games unbeaten against them up there now.

Was an awful 1st half, but to be fair to both teams the 2nd was very entertaining. How they played football on that awful pitch I'll never know.

We gave a decent account of ourselves v the champions but we are just lacking the players this season to win these types of games I think. Going to be a tough season.

Shame to see another damaged bus, there are some scumbags in our city. 99% of us Derry fans are civil folk and I can guarantee whoever broke those windows doesn't go to Derry games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

anncoates wrote: »
    I thought we had a cup game there since then or am I getting mixed up? We definitely played a friendly there early in the Tallaght era.

There was a cup game. "pepper gate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Shame to see another damaged bus, there are some scumbags in our city. 99% of us Derry fans are civil folk and I can guarantee whoever broke those windows doesn't go to Derry games.

A post on your forum said they were at the game. Regardless Derry City need to do more to protect away fans. This is happening far too often and not long until somebody gets seriously hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Was an awful 1st half, but to be fair to both teams the 2nd was very entertaining. How they played football on that awful pitch I'll never know.

We gave a decent account of ourselves v the champions but we are just lacking the players this season to win these types of games I think. Going to be a tough season.

Derry have quality in their side. I don't think the season will be as tough as you think.

They'll struggle at home until the surface gets better as it is almost impossible to play on. Players couldn't even run with the ball as it was bobbling all over the place.

As for the trouble afterwards, I have no doubt that the scumbags were not at the game and are not DCFC fans. Stewards can't be expected to police the streets outside the stadium.

I remember that goal. Class goal. Motm tonight iMO

Here you go.

It won MNS July Goal of the Month in 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

That'll be a fine consolation to whoever gets seriously or injured or killed sooner or later.

This has been going on far too long around the Brandywell and Delaney and Gavin are happy to wash their hands of it.

Until there is some sort of attempt at adequate policing to protect away fans leaving the vicinity of the ground, home matches for DCFC should have to take place elsewhere.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    That'll be a fine consolation to whoever gets seriously or injured or killed sooner or later.

This has been going on far too long around the Brandywell and Delaney and Gavin are happy to wash their hands of it.

Until there is some sort of attempt at adequate policing to protect away fans leaving the vicinity of the ground, home matches for DCFC should have to take place elsewhere.

Also, I'm not old enough to remember the time, but was the reason Derry were in the LOI and not the Irish League not largely to prevent crowd trouble?

Also, I'm not old enough to remember the time, but was the reason Derry were in the LOI and not the Irish League not largely to prevent crowd trouble?

As I understand it, the IFA and other member clubs used the troubles and the location of the Brandywell in a nationalist area of Derry as an excuse to force Derry out of the Irish League. They were made play "home" games in Coleraine and were told to play a European home match in Belfast, which ended up never happening.

I'd be interested to know what Derry fans feel about playing in the LOI and if they would like a return to the IL.

I'd prefer that they play here and I think they're better off.

As I understand it, the IFA and other member clubs used the troubles and the location of the Brandywell in a nationalist area of Derry as an excuse to force Derry out of the Irish League. They were made play "home" games in Coleraine and were told to play a European home match in Belfast, which ended up never happening.

I'd be interested to know what Derry fans feel about playing in the LOI and if they would like a return to the IL.

I'd prefer that they play here and I think they're better off.

I'm not massively familiar with the history myself, but given that they are essentially being facilitated in the LOI, they really do have a responsibility to not be an unsafe place for away fans to travel, otherwise why should they continue to be facilitated?

Is it necessarily the club's fault that all this trouble happens outside their matches? No, but I'm not sure that's relevant when you consider that it's the other 21 clubs that actually fall under the FAI's jurisdiction of responsibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement