Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

list of casualties from the irish war of independence 1919 to 1922

Options
  • 12-03-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone. I have been searching in vain for a list of ira members who died during the war independence 1919 to 1922. Any help would you be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

That would be a very difficult figure to establish, as the IRA kept no war diaries of the kind that a regular military organisation would have done.

Lots of luck on that one.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dr.Nightdub

The National Graves Association had a roll of honour, dunno if it's available online.

On a side note, why that choice of dates? If you don't end at the Truce (July 1921), then 1922 brings you into the Civil War, in which case why not end at 1923?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davykeating

of course your write. I was ment to write 1921 not 1922. I'm dysleix the brain does play them kinda tricks on me from time to time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

Hi everyone. I have been searching in vain for a list of ira members who died during the war independence 1919 to 1922. Any help would you be greatly appreciated

Here's a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Irish_War_of_Independence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The National Graves Association had a roll of honour, dunno if it's available online.

On a side note, why that choice of dates? If you don't end at the Truce (July 1921), then 1922 brings you into the Civil War, in which case why not end at 1923?

Not sure either if it is still available. It was quite informative giving date of death, location of incident where injuries received and in most cases place of burial.The National Graves Association have a website with contact link

• Advertisement
Advertisement