Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Bus Eireann Route

Options
  • 12-03-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Why is there no Bus Eireann Route to Athenry from Galway City??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Doesnt the train stop in athenry?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

clairek6 wrote: »

Yes it does but the bus is would be cheaper i presume,i just find it amusing that Bus Eireann National Bus service has no route there..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

clairek6 wrote: »

Yes it does but the bus would be cheaper i presume,i just find it amusing that Bus Eireann National Bus service has no route there..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360756868-418.pdf

but the Buslink service is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360756868-418.pdf

but the Buslink service is better

Route withdrawn in March 2013. Iv used the buslink service at night and found it useful and always on time. I'd imagine a bus eireann service wouldn't get much use since both the train and buslink services runs very regularly, and at normal work start times.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Because the private sector provided a better service, so people stopped using Bus Éireann.

And it's madness having two heavily-subsidised services (IR and BÉ) serving the same town.

Advertisement