Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Headllight Bulb

• 12-03-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Clip for headlight bulb for 2008 318dD BMW has popped out while replacing bulb.unable to put back clip. Help required ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved from Classic Cars to Motors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

they can be finakey alright on an E90 . not helped by the fact that its akward see what your doing . you need to pinch the open end and slide the legs into the holes on the housing

attachment.php?attachmentid=42173&d=1160588936

the slot for the clip is at the red circles

Bmw%20headlight%20clip_zpsnfovh6yl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Last resort if it cannot be repaired and it's a pre LCI model non angel eye headlights then you may be able to pick up a replacement relatively cheap as most people are looking to replace theirs with the angel eye type headlights from the LCI. The non angel eye headlight units don't fetch massive money.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-E90-3-Series-Saloon-2005-Halogen-Headlight-Assembly-Front-Left-10686-/141592601324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f793a2ec

bazz26 wrote: »
    Last resort if it cannot be repaired and it's a pre LCI model non angel eye headlights then you may be able to pick up a replacement relatively cheap as most people are looking to replace theirs with the angel eye type headlights from the LCI. The non angel eye headlight units don't fetch massive money.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-E90-3-Series-Saloon-2005-Halogen-Headlight-Assembly-Front-Left-10686-/141592601324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f793a2ec

? why would he changing the headlight is it not just the clip that came out ? happens all the time , easy put back , unless i misunderstood what happened?

? why would he changing the headlight is it not just the clip that came out ? happens all the time , easy put back , unless i misunderstood what happened?

I was under the impression that the housing was broke, may I was reading it wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭doyleshill

Thanks for your help.Not sure if clip holes are broken

it would be unusual they can be finneky to get in alright and they do fall out of the holes easily enough . if they are broken do like bazz said and pick up a second hand unit they go cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭doyleshill

Would these bulbs on E Bay. D1S 35W 4300K 6000K 8000K 10000K FACTORY XENON OEM REPLACEMENT HID BULBS solve my problem

D1s is a xenon HID bulb and will not fit the existing unit if is not a xenon headlight. Are the original headlights xenon?

ouch . is the bulb gone . D1s are expensive . can be got on ebay but a lot of fake chinese yokes there . try www.powerbulbs.com i got D2s there for my 6 series before a lot cheaper than off bmw.

they are there alright but with the exchange rate for sterling being so bad at the moment they are pricey http://www.powerbulbs.com/eu/product/osram-xenarc-d1s-xenon-hid-bulb-single

but as bazz said if you dont already have xenon headlights they wont fit. standard bulb is H7

• Advertisement

BMW dealers were replacing them free of charge (including xenon) up to a month or two ago.

Advertisement