Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Firmware Update 2.5

Options
  • 12-03-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

No word on release yet, but hopefully it's within the fortnight.

Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.

Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.

Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.

SOURCE LINK
    Otacon wrote: »
    Some unannounced added features in Firmware 2.5 (according to Reddit)

- Quicker Party Invites - The Party invite system no longer requires multiple confirmations when inviting users to a newly created party.
    - More Accurate Download Section - Digital game downloads' background downloads (PlayGo) no longer disappear from the Downloads menu and go into Game>Information>Download Status. It stays in the Downloads menu.
    - Quick Menu Tweaks - The layout of thhe quick menu (hold the PS button to access) has changed a bit and you can now restart the PS4 under [Power Options].

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I didn't have all those 0% completions on trophy list I'd never know which PS plus games I'd still to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

There are other things they should be working on first before some of these improvements, most notably DLNA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

When is Spotify coming! Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A video of the resume function working.

About ten seconds from boot to playing your game. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

A video of the resume function working.

About ten seconds from boot to playing your game. Nice.

That is pretty cool

• Advertisement

When is Spotify coming! Anyone know?

I am guessing they are going to roll this into 2.50.

Both are rumoured to be going live end-of-March/middle-of-April but nothing has been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://vid.me/z5Mm

Leaked video of the firmware in action..... :)

I like the larger text option for messages, amongst other bits....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm really looking forward to Remote Play supporting 60fps.

I use it a lot but find PES2015 terrible because it feels so different at 30fps. I lose nearly every match while using the VITA. I'll try it again once the new firmware hits.

Looks like it might be arriving tomorrow.

Poorly translated Japanese to follow.
    Finally tomorrow! PS4 ™ system software version 2.50 delivery start!

Equipped with a variety of new features, the system software version 2.50 and evolve is easy to use more fun - the PlayStation®4 "Yukimura (Yukimura)" is finally appeared!
    Delivery will start from tomorrow March 26, 2015 (Thursday).
    "Suspend & resume" such as major new features, have already introduced this article please visit.
    In addition to that you tell in the above article also has been announced this new new features below. we will introduce in conjunction with the "convenient point" when actually used.
    [System Backup & Restore]
    [Settings]> from [System]> [Backup / Restore, you can back up the data that is stored in the PS4 ™ to USB mass storage devices, now is allowed to restore the backed up data.
    I will back up all user data that is stored on the console.
    Item ~ is ~ backup
    -set value (including sign-in ID)
    -save data
    screen shot / video clip
    game package
    game patch
    game download data

"Convenient point"
    you've erased important save data and screen shot by mistake ...! In preparation for an accident such as, let's take advantage of the system backup.
    How do you like it?
    System software version 2.50 to enhance more your PS4 ™ life.
    User of you, but please try to update as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PlayStation 4 v2.50 update

Features coming to PS4 with “Yukimura” include:
    • Suspend/Resume: Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games, you can jump in and out of your games with just the press of the PS button. Quickly switch from Rest Mode to powered-up so you can pick up where you left off.
    • Back-up and restore HDD to USB: Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.
    • Find and connect with friends: “Yukimura” adds to an already robust set of social tools, bringing several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
    • Facebook friend finder – Using your linked account, you can expand your network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends.
    • Improved friend requests – Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4.
    • Streamlined Party process – The process to create a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required.
    • Find friends who play your games – Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and allows you to jump directly into the game.
    • Join Friends directly from news feed – A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.
    • Share earned trophies and optimise your trophy list: We know that Trophies are important to many gamers, so we’re bringing more control with how you show them off:
    • Automatic Trophy screenshots – A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
    • SHARE Trophies – Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
    • Additional Trophy sorting options – Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
    • Delete 0% Trophies – Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
    • Improved and expanded accessibility options: New options added to customise the user experience include:
      • Customised button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4.
      • Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
      • Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
      • Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
      • Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
      • Remote Play and Share Play: For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60fps for both Remote Play and Share Play* on supported devices.
      • Automatic installation for system software updates: Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
      • Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
      • Verified Accounts: Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
      • Dailymotion: Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
    - Quicker Party Invites - The Party invite system no longer requires multiple confirmations when inviting users to a newly created party.
    - More Accurate Download Section - Digital game downloads' background downloads (PlayGo) no longer disappear from the Downloads menu and go into Game>Information>Download Status. It stays in the Downloads menu.
    - Quick Menu Tweaks - The layout of thhe quick menu (hold the PS button to access) has changed a bit and you can now restart the PS4 under [Power Options].

PlayStation Vita and PlayStation App for smartphones and tablets will also receive system software updates tonight, adding complementary features to those added to PS4. PS Vita update version 3.50 and PlayStation App update version 2.50 will add new accessibility options, including enlarged text, increased contrast and more. This update also enables PS Vita to support 60fps streaming for Remote Play.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/25/ps4-system-update-2-50-features-detailed-available-tomorrow/?emcid=social_20150325_42660096&adbid=580686255437975552&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Automatic Trophy screenshots – A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.

What?....I take it this can be disabled and enabled as you wish?... Otherwise the idea just seems like a waste...

PSBlog wrote:
    Automatic installation for system software updates: Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.

This is long overdue IMO. Any time a new firmware update releases, I cannot connect to my PS4 via remote play until it is updated. If the update drops while I am at work, it means I actually have to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wish I had the backup option a month ago.

Rather it wasn't a full disk backup backup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What?....I take it this can be disabled and enabled as you wish?... Otherwise the idea just seems like a waste...

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

No mention of Spotify? Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

I have the Beta, Feature cant be disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have the Beta, Feature cant be disabled

Wow that's ridiculous who wants their screenshots spammed with trophies?..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wow that's ridiculous who wants their screenshots spammed with trophies?..

That not a feature many people would be bothered with i'd imagine.

Maybe trophy hunters who wanna relive their past glories :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

That not a feature many people would be bothered with i'd imagine.

Maybe trophy hunters who wanna relive their past glories :o

I'm the type that would snap a screenshot everytime I get a trophy, but sometimes I forget to do it. This may well be the solution I need :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A nice quick 90 second download for 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The backup to external hdd is a joke. I have a 3tb drive that will have to be formatted to Fat32 to achieve the backup...na ...its just not worth the hassle.

What a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The backup to external hdd is a joke. I have a 3tb drive that will have to be formatted to Fat32 to achieve the backup...na ...its just not worth the hassle.

What a waste of time.

Partition the drive?

2tb for PS4 and the rest ExFat or NTFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Is it possible to have this thrown into the OP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is it possible to have this thrown into the OP?

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What a waste of time.

Same as PS3 then. I believe they can't use NTFS as it's a MS patent. They would have to pay MS royalties for every console sold if it used NTFS file format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Same as PS3 then. I believe they can't use NTFS as it's a MS patent. They would have to pay MS royalties for every console sold if it used NTFS file format.

Aye...its a joke . Sony Tv's read off a Ntfs drive for movies through Usb. the much hyped backup is a complete non feature to me. I'le just keep using my usb stick for save files.

... and I'm not gonna partition a drive just to backup dl's .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No mention of Spotify? Ffs.

Coming "very soon" according to the PS Twitter account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The download bit was definitely needed. Way too many questions online about it.

Anyone know if you can completely customise the quick menu? I know disabling Rest Mode brings back the Power off option but would be nice to have that there as well instead of going into a folder.

Advertisement