Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on going eircom problems

Options
  • 12-03-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi im hoping some one can help me here,having recently almost lost my job over this so called broadband,im faced with an issue where from 7pm to 12pm i am getting 0.30mbps for weeks  ive rang tech support several times and they keep logging faults,sending it to networks and to be honest there is absolutely nothing being done,before i changed to eircom from vodafone it was great i can't understand the problem,id love to cancel my contract and move back to vodafone but after moving to eircom and being with out service for four weeks i would probably be another four weeks of constant phone calls,ive totally given up ontech support and hoping one of the guys on boards can get this resolved if this canot be resolved i would like this contract scrapped. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4209375861

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

crixos30 wrote: »
    Hi im hoping some one can help me here,having recently almost lost my job over this so called broadband,im faced with an issue where from 7pm to 12pm i am getting 0.30mbps for weeks  ive rang tech support several times and they keep logging faults,sending it to networks and to be honest there is absolutely nothing being done,before i changed to eircom from vodafone it was great i can't understand the problem,id love to cancel my contract and move back to vodafone but after moving to eircom and being with out service for four weeks i would probably be another four weeks of constant phone calls,ive totally given up ontech support and hoping one of the guys on boards can get this resolved if this canot be resolved i would like this contract scrapped. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4209375861
    Hi crixos30

I've run a number of tests on your line in response to your reports of slow speeds at peak times (7pm to 12pm).

My tests have not shown any faults internally nor externally but just to be sure I've asked technical support to run further tests and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

One thing I have noticed (which may indeed be the main cause of the speeds you're experiencing) is that as your line is served by an exchange which has yet to be upgraded to next generation broadband and congestion at peak times will unfortunately be expected. - Basically that means the more people online in your area the slower speeds will be (hence the peak times slow speeds when everyone is home from work/school and online)

There is nothing that can prevent your speeds fluctuating at times until your exchange is upgraded to next generation broadband (NGB) and at present there are no plans in place that could suggest when this. This is one of the main reasons why speeds are provided on the terms of 'up to' the advised speed.

I will of course get back to you as soon as possible in relation to technical supports findings.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭crixos30

Thanks for the honest reply Alan any reason why with vodafone it was 7-8 meg at night eircom 0.50 - 1.2 megs at night,if this is how it's going to be I can't justify baying €57 a month for a service that can be got for €20 in mobile broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

crixos30 wrote: »
    Thanks for the honest reply Alan any reason why with vodafone it was 7-8 meg at night eircom 0.50 - 1.2 megs at night,if this is how it's going to be I can't justify baying €57 a month for a service that can be got for €20 in mobile broadband.
    Hi crixos30

I cannot comment on another service providers service but the above does apply in the case for your current subscription with eircom

I have had confirmation from our technical support team that there are no issues which can be attributed to the recent slow speeds beyond what is detailed above in my post. They have confirmed that there is no internal or external line faults, no interference and the connection seems quite stable.

I'm not sure if you are using your service wirelessly or by Ethernet connection but if it is indeed wireless (Via WIFI) please note that when connecting wirelessly speeds can be affected by the distance of the router /modem from your wireless device (wifi laptop, Iphone/smartphone, wireless printer). Also thickness of walls between the device and modem can affect speeds so I do suggest always connecting by Ethernet cable.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭crixos30

Hi crixos30

I cannot comment on another service providers service but the above does apply in the case for your current subscription with eircom

I have had confirmation from our technical support team that there are no issues which can be attributed to the recent slow speeds beyond what is detailed above in my post. They have confirmed that there is no internal or external line faults, no interference and the connection seems quite stable.

I'm not sure if you are using your service wirelessly or by Ethernet connection but if it is indeed wireless (Via WIFI) please note that when connecting wirelessly speeds can be affected by the distance of the router /modem from your wireless device (wifi laptop, Iphone/smartphone, wireless printer). Also thickness of walls between the device and modem can affect speeds so I do suggest always connecting by Ethernet cable.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan
    This is the service I'm receiving now it's 8.28 pm and it's the same every night dose not matter if it's via wifi or wired it's the same crap when I phone tech support they fob me off with there's a fault in the line but you say there is no fault so I dont know what's going on here, I understan the exchange need to be upgraded so why are we paying twice the price for a terrible service you must admit this is shocking for 57 pm
    Is there anyone even looking at this exchange, what I want to know now is how do I scrap this contract and get broadband in because this is far from broadband!

Advertisement