Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in Sligo - Clarion or Radisson Blu?

Options
  • 12-03-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭

Having a couple of nights away with the family, inc 3 kids under 5.

Both hotels offering good deals, anyone any experience of either, and which would you suggest?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Raddisson is a good bit out of town. Clarion is the former "mental hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Raddisson is a good bit out of town. Clarion is the former "mental hospital.

Not that far out, less than a tenner in a taxi, and served by a regular bus service. A fine hotel, stayed a couple of times in it my self. The Clarion is also a great spot, and wouldn't be to put off by the haunted stories my self.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mental hospital.
    With 3 kids under 5 it'll suit me fine.

Might go with the Clarion so.
    Thanks all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I will say the Radisson is a great spot. Very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I've been in both. Radisson would be my choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Radisson has a good big play room with loads of toys, books, DVDs, etc ... Not sure if Clarion has similar.

The restaurant in Radisson is probably more family-friendly than the Clarion.

Radisson is closer to Rosess Point beach and has lovely views. No views from the Clarion, and it's right by the IT so surrounded by student apartments.

When I was a member of Clarion gym there were serious hygiene issues, however this was a few years ago so hopefully resolved by now!

Do you use Trip Adviser? If not, you should!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Mental hospital.
    With 3 kids under 5 it'll suit me fine.

Might go with the Clarion so.
    Thanks all.

You stay in the mental hosp for the few days and send the kids to the other one that should sort you out until tour next holiday :)

Advertisement