Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEI have suspended UAE Equestrian Federation

Options
  • 12-03-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

It's about time they've done something about it and I can only hope they keep to this decision until UAE clean up their act, particularly with regard to Endurance. They've put a horrible light on a good sport which would usually be (in my own opinion) one of the strictest with regard to the horse's well being. Despicable behaviour and a complete lack of regard for equine welfare. Anyone else been following it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AB1980!

I'll admit to knowing little or nothing about the procedures for this type of thing but it strikes me as interesting that this happened virtually as soon as Princess Haya was out of office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

AB1980! wrote: »
    I'll admit to knowing little or nothing about the procedures for this type of thing but it strikes me as interesting that this happened virtually as soon as Princess Haya was out of office.

Her husband is an endurance rider and she was the only reason they hadn't done anything beforehand, as far as I know. She stepped aside in order for something to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

What's was going on? I haven't heard any of this

fits wrote: »
    What's was going on? I haven't heard any of this

There was numerous problems with endurance racing in the Middle East with doping and injury. They weren't FEI affiliated but they didn't seem to be following any of the rules and travelling too fast for too long. As a result, a tv show caught a horse snap both it's front legs and it was 20 minutes before a vet got there to put it down. FEI eventually ordered a inquiry and they got the results back which showed a load of made up results and races. So they've suspended UAE.

http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/2015/03/12/uae-suspended-endurance-fei

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jeepers. That's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 AB1980!

sup_dude wrote: »
    Her husband is an endurance rider and she was the only reason they hadn't done anything beforehand, as far as I know. She stepped aside in order for something to be done

She didn't step down, her (2nd) term was up. The FEI should have done something a lot sooner, regardless of who her or her husband was.

Bumping an old thread to say that the ban has been lifted. Money pays I guess :rolleyes: I'm sure the "strict" laws will be heeded just as much as the current laws...

http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/2015/07/27/uae-endurance-suspension-lifted-fei

Advertisement