Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Contract due to Eircom price increase coming in April

Options
  • 12-03-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I agreed to renew my contract in the summer of 2014 for 12 months (there was a discount to be applied to my account as an offer from someone in Eircom sales for renewing at the time).
    Long story short; the next few months my bills were always incorrect, I made numerous calls to get them rectified and eventually decided to contact Eircom complaints department. In the midst of mails back and forth I received a mail notification outlining price increases coming this April. I informed the people I had been dealing with in CCM via email that as a result I would like to be removed from my 12 month contract (three days after getting the price increase notification in January).

I rang Eircom this evening and asked that my service be cancelled at the end of this billing cycle. I was told I was still in contract which surprised me and that because I hadn't ran them within 30 days of getting the notification the contract still stands and I may be liable for costs for the remainder of the contract even though I had requested the contract cancelled in January.

I've been onto Eircom customer care team this evening who were quite helpful but would need to speak to a supervisor first (no supervisors available late in the evening which is fair enough).
    I've mailed CCM again looking to get my contract and now my service cancelled.

Basically I’m now being told that my cancellation is not within the 30 day time frame even though I had requested with CCM that I wanted to be removed from my recently renewed contract due to the increase in charges (original emails and correspondence available if needed).

At this stage I’m looking for anyone to help because I feel like I just have to keep telling the same story to different people in Eircom.
    Any help would be great.

Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,
    I agreed to renew my contract in the summer of 2014 for 12 months (there was a discount to be applied to my account as an offer from someone in Eircom sales for renewing at the time).
    Long story short; the next few months my bills were always incorrect, I made numerous calls to get them rectified and eventually decided to contact Eircom complaints department. In the midst of mails back and forth I received a mail notification outlining price increases coming this April. I informed the people I had been dealing with in CCM via email that as a result I would like to be removed from my 12 month contract (three days after getting the price increase notification in January).

I rang Eircom this evening and asked that my service be cancelled at the end of this billing cycle. I was told I was still in contract which surprised me and that because I hadn't ran them within 30 days of getting the notification the contract still stands and I may be liable for costs for the remainder of the contract even though I had requested the contract cancelled in January.

I've been onto Eircom customer care team this evening who were quite helpful but would need to speak to a supervisor first (no supervisors available late in the evening which is fair enough).
    I've mailed CCM again looking to get my contract and now my service cancelled.

Basically I’m now being told that my cancellation is not within the 30 day time frame even though I had requested with CCM that I wanted to be removed from my recently renewed contract due to the increase in charges (original emails and correspondence available if needed).

At this stage I’m looking for anyone to help because I feel like I just have to keep telling the same story to different people in Eircom.
    Any help would be great.

Colm
    Hi Colm

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, obviously if you had requested this in email there is proof and this is something I will look in to if you would like to PM me your eircom account number?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 colmgdonnelly

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just sent onto you via PM.

Kind Regards
    Colm

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if you heard anything back from the cancellation team yet?

Thanks
    Colm

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if you heard anything back from the cancellation team yet?

Thanks
    Colm
    Not yet Colm, As soon as I do I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Great thanks Alan.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any update on this?

Thanks
    Colm

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any update on this?

Thanks
    Colm
    Hi colmgdonnelly

I can confirm that cancellations can arrange the immediate closure of your eircom account without early cease fees. The account will be closed with immediate effect and billing for service will not pass todays date.

You will receive a final bill in the post within 10 working days

Thanks

Al

Great thanks for your help with this Alan.

Great thanks for your help with this Alan.
    No problem at all colmgdonnelly

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement