Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish in London

• 13-03-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi everyone

I was wondering what are the best ways to meet other Irish people my age (about 30) in London? I wouldn't normally seek out other Irish people but have found myself getting quite homesick recently. I'm not a big rugby watcher and don't speak Irish, so can't go to the Irish language meetup group I found. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There's the Irish Cultured Thinkers and Social Drinkers Meetup group although it's not very active.

It's worth joining and suggesting new activities as there's always a steady flow of similar minded people joining the group.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

A fair few of us on this forum would be your age, and we try to have a (Beers) meetup every couple of months, so that's a good way to meet people.

Also, if you like pub quizzes, some of us regularly go to quizzes (mainly in North-West London). Just come along if you're free!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

Hello everyone my lease is up and I need to find a place to live by Oct the 19th, I would love to live with some irish people so if anyone knows anyone looking thend I would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch.
    I would also like to meet up with other irish pepole as I'm finding it difficult to make friends and would love to know if anyone is up for watching the rugby or go to a pub quiz for a few beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Hello everyone my lease is up and I need to find a place to live by Oct the 19th, I would love to live with some irish people so if anyone knows anyone looking thend I would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch.
    I would also like to meet up with other irish pepole as I'm finding it difficult to make friends and would love to know if anyone is up for watching the rugby or go to a pub quiz for a few beers.

What sort of room and location are you looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

what area are you looking to live in?

• Advertisement

Clapham junction/Clapham commom area as far down as Ballam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Do you play soccer? i found it is a great way to meet people. i joined tooting celtic for a while but had to stop due to an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Clapham junction/Clapham commom area as far down as Ballam
    whats your budget?

i played 5 and 11 a side back home, i guess i have been lazy not finding a team as i hear it is a great way to meet people.
    my budget is up to £800 per month, i'm 26 and my first houseshare was fairly crap for socializing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

i played 5 and 11 a side back home, i guess i have been lazy not finding a team as i hear it is a great way to meet people.
    my budget is up to £800 per month, i'm 26 and my first houseshare was fairly crap for socializing.

For your room? That's a pretty sweet budget.

Nice places in Clapham Common go for about £650 per room per month in a house share.

If you went as far as Tooting Bec/Broadway or Stockwell you'd even get one for well less than that and they are only a walk away or 1 tube stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement