Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket - Ireland v Pakistan - Adelaide. Also Paddys Day

• 13-03-2015 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Anyone in Adelaide heading to ireland v pakistan in the Adelaide Oval this sunday? I haven't booked my tickets yet but I'm going on my own so it's be cool to go with some irish. If anyone knows what area of the ground the irish might be in that'd be cool too, I could just book a ticket for there. I'm hoping to go on the beer for the day so I guess younger people would be more my crowd rather than families etc. I'm male, 28 if that makes a difference. I've only been in adelaide 1 day but everyone I've met have been locals so none of them are going to the cricket!

Also, a good pub recommendation for paddys day on tuesday would be sweet too. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Howdy

Anyone in Adelaide heading to ireland v pakistan in the Adelaide Oval this sunday? I haven't booked my tickets yet but I'm going on my own so it's be cool to go with some irish. If anyone knows what area of the ground the irish might be in that'd be cool too, I could just book a ticket for there. I'm hoping to go on the beer for the day so I guess younger people would be more my crowd rather than families etc. I'm male, 28 if that makes a difference. I've only been in adelaide 1 day but everyone I've met have been locals so none of them are going to the cricket!

Also, a good pub recommendation for paddys day on tuesday would be sweet too. Cheers :)

Hi there,

Believe me, all the Irish in Adelaide are going to the match on Sunday. And the quarter final against Australia at the oval next Friday when they win!!!!
    There is an Irish breakfast organised in the Irish Club in Carrington Street on Sunday morning from 10 ( I think ), followed by a 'March' to the oval at 1. Will be a great day hopefully. St Patricks day parade is on tomorrow morning from 10. Starting in Grotesque Street. Get along to that, it's ok fun as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Believe me, all the Irish in Adelaide are going to the match on Sunday. And the quarter final against Australia at the oval next Friday when they win!!!!
    There is an Irish breakfast organised in the Irish Club in Carrington Street on Sunday morning from 10 ( I think ), followed by a 'March' to the oval at 1. Will be a great day hopefully. St Patricks day parade is on tomorrow morning from 10. Starting in Grotesque Street. Get along to that, it's ok fun as well.

I won't be around tomorrow morning but I might go to the irish club on sunday morning. Any idea what area of the stand the irish will be or should I tip in to the irish club tomorrow and ask there?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I won't be around tomorrow morning but I might go to the irish club on sunday morning. Any idea what area of the stand the irish will be or should I tip in to the irish club tomorrow and ask there?

Sorry, not sure. Most admissions will be general admission so I would imagine access is fairly open around the stadium. At the AFL matches, general admission gets you into most areas. You will find out Sunday morning. See you there from 11!! Kiddie performing mascot duties from 12 at oval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Sorry, not sure. Most admissions will be general admission so I would imagine access is fairly open around the stadium. At the AFL matches, general admission gets you into most areas. You will find out Sunday morning. See you there from 11!! Kiddie performing mascot duties from 12 at oval.

Yeah I was checking out the tickets yesterday but they're allocated seats so I just didn't want to be stuck in a crap spot. I'll figure something out tomorrow anyway. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Anyone in Adelaide heading to ireland v pakistan in the Adelaide Oval this sunday?

I'm hoping to go on the beer for the day so I guess younger people would be more my crowd rather than families etc.

not into sports much myself, and i've got a particular dislike for cricket :pac:

you could check in with https://www.facebook.com/adelaideirishconnect, you might get some replies.

Apart from that, looking at irish pubs only, there's bound to be a crowd at PJ O'Briens, though it's often full of plastic paddys. Benefit is it's close to the Garden of Unearthly Delights for the fringe, and there's other pubs close by. That's a short hike from Adelaide Oval though. The Daniel O'Connell is another irish pub in North Adelaide. There's some other good pubs about North Adelaide too. The Gov has good Guinness on tap too. Get there for free on the tram. The Whitmore, also good Guinness on tap, but it's pretty out of the way. And of course, the Irish Club on Carrington St.

There's plenty of new bars that have opened up around the city recently, boutique bars, whiskey bars, gin bars, hippy bars. You can walk the entire cbd pretty easily if you want to. Weather's gearing up to be awesome for the week - get out for a parmie & a pint :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

not into sports much myself, and i've got a particular dislike for cricket :pac:
    Personally i has a disinterest but what happened that made you actually dislike it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

catbear wrote: »
    Personally i has a disinterest but what happened that made you actually dislike it?

you paraphrase with your emphasis catbear :), but i do also have a disinterest in most sports. I'd love to have some exciting story for you, but sadly it just amounts to cricket being exceptionally more boring than the other sports. I know this because i have tried to watch it.. I have nothing against cricket personally, nothing happened to make me dislike it, I just think it's rubbish. I'm sure even the brits will be hating cricket at the moment too :D

sorry to disappoint! :pac:

Advertisement