Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macturcaills gone?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think it's trying to be a Ruin Bar, which is some kind of bar like a dive bar or squat bar or whatever, popular in Budapest. I hope it does well but it's a really sh*tty part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Popped in. Interior too good to be a dive bar really. Food prices are off the scale

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

L1011 wrote:
    Popped in. Interior too good to be a dive bar really. Food prices are off the scale

Is it soley craft beer or is it a bit of everything???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Buckfast W wrote: »

Pretty sure they a mix

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

matrim wrote:
    Pretty sure they a mix

Sooooound I'll try pop in over the weekend, if I don't like it I'll head to Mulligan's or Bowes lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Both. Normal taps you'd expect and about 8 craft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I think it's trying to be a Ruin Bar, which is some kind of bar like a dive bar or squat bar or whatever, popular in Budapest. I hope it does well but it's a really sh*tty part of town.
    So a theme pub then

A hipster hangout

Like the way Irish pubs are exported the world over

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

imme wrote: »
    A hipster hangout
    Doubt it. Camden Exchange tends to get more of the young and moneyed set. I'd imagine that's what they're going for with this one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

BeerNut wrote: »
    Doubt it. Camden Exchange tends to get more of the young and moneyed set. I'd imagine that's what they're going for with this one too.

It's in the wrong part of town for that then.

Is it craft or fraft?

Hophouse and a few different smithwick's, or Kinnegar and 8 Degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

L1011 wrote: »

Longstones platters were always better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It's in the wrong part of town for that then.

Is it craft or fraft?

Both. I was in last night with work and there were a couple of guys drinking guinness, a couple drinking punk, some Fran Well Rebel Red. On the taps I think I noticed Cute Hoor and Scraggy Bay but not 100% certain. In cans they had some White Hag and Rascalls (as well as others).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Again, just thinking of Camden Exchange, they have a mix of macro and micro, Irish and imported. Beers from Four Corners (Brewdog, Brooklyn, Beavertown, Wicklow Wolf) alongside ones from Grand Cru (Sierra Nevada, Founders, White Hag, Kinnegar). Plenty of choice, if you have the money for it.

Cool, must pop in for a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

matrim wrote: »
    On the taps I think I noticed Cute Hoor

Far from craft, it's a cynical attempt by Heineken to get into the market, and it's bloody manky.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Far from craft, it's a cynical attempt by Heineken to get into the market, and it's bloody manky.

he knows that

Advertisement