Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation

Options
  • 13-03-2015 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Australia and I'm coming to UCD for semester 1 on exchange.

I'm thinking of staying on campus, so I wanted to know what the best residences are?
    I'm hoping for my own bathroom, which is Glenomina and Roebuck. What are they like? Are they sociable and where do the international students generally stay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I think internationals generally stay in Belgrove (you won't have your own bathroom) or Roebuck Castle, which is catered but also a lot more expensive than the other places. I'm not awfully sure but from the two people I know who live on campus it doesn't seem terribly sociable, although it probably depends on your housemates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Esmerelda20

What about the Roebuck Castle? It looks nice but I read somewhere that its mostly for older students?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What about the Roebuck Castle? It looks nice but I read somewhere that its mostly for older students?

I know a first year in Roebuck Castle, not mainly for older students at all. Very heavily occupied by internationals because it's very expensive (I think about €9000 for the year).

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Theres a lot of internationals in Merville in the forgotten square. But if you're Australian you may just be best mixing in and not aiming for the internationals seeing as the large majority are chinese which in my experience having lived with them are very insular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Esmerelda20

Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah I was hoping to meet people from everywhere.
    But if I was to travel around Europe during the semester, I was thinking other exchange students would be keen.

I'm interested in belgrove and Roebuck castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lostsheep120

Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah I was hoping to meet people from everywhere.
    But if I was to travel around Europe during the semester, I was thinking other exchange students would be keen.

I'm interested in belgrove and Roebuck castle.

Belgrove is a lot more affordable as it's not so extravagant. Nothing wrong with it though it's perfect!

Advertisement