Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any REAL vintage clothing shops in Dublin?

Options
  • 13-03-2015 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I've been to all the ones in Temple Bar and they all seem to be faux-vintage i.e. new clothes designed to look vintage but obviously not. Are there any shops in Dublin that sell actual vintage clothing, besides charity shops which are hit and miss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I think Jenny Vander is still in the George's St. Arcade. Proper vintage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Georges Arcade is probably your best bet alright. Dublin Vintage Factory is there too and I think there is another place with a blue front that I can't remember the name of! Not many options here maybe all the good stuff gets sent to London and sells for twice as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

The Third Policeman is a fantastic proper vintage shop in Rathmines. Om Diva on Drury St, opposite Jenny Vander have beautiful vintage pieces too.

If you're looking for something very very special you could also try Dirty Fabulous on Wicklow St.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roguery

There's a couple of charity shops in Lower Camden St (on the right when going into town) that sell vintage clothes that are above-average for a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

One of the charity shops on Georges street (close to Dame st junction) have a vontage clothes/accessories rail.

• Advertisement

That's probably Oxfam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

There is one beside Cineworld I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Faith+1 wrote: »
    There is one beside Cineworld I think

That is Monto, it is more of a costumes made to order place.
    They probably have some retro stuff there but would be more geared towards fancy dress or theatre outfits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Chickus wrote: »
    One of the charity shops on Georges street (close to Dame st junction) have a vontage clothes/accessories rail.
    Roguery wrote: »
    That's probably Oxfam.

It's the Vincent de paul shop actually, they all (VdP) have a vintage section. Not sure if they are up to the quality that the OP is seeking though.

Of the Vincent de Paul shops, Dundrum and Dun Laoghaire are supposed to be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Used to be a place called Harlequin in Georges Arcade that did vintage gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I think Jenny Vander is still in the George's St. Arcade. Proper vintage!

Jenny Vander moved out of the Arcade more than 10 years ago. It's around the corner on Drury Street.
    Grid. wrote: »
    Used to be a place called Harlequin in Georges Arcade that did vintage gear.

Harlequin was never in the George's St. Arcade, they are on Castle Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

The Cat's Meow on Francis St. and Kitten & Doll on Thomas St. can be worth a look (I don't know what the feline link to vintage or D8 is though). Also on Thomas St. The Stables or whatever the new incarnation of the old Ferocious Mingle Marcade is called has a lot of vintage stuff that is not just new dresses made out of old curtains...

Advertisement